Old 04-12-2007, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Viticulture II

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
FarmI wrote:
"josi" wrote in message

Thanks for the kind words... maybe next time you guys can be nicer.
not the only one asking questions here.
People don't appreciate being spoken to like you guys did (Val and
JoeSpareBedroom)
You guys are very rude

We have 2,000 grape plants so I could give you some help on some
aspects
of viticulture, BUT, you didn't mention where you live and since
posters
here are from all round the world and we can't give advice without
knowing something about your climate, aspect, planting area etc or
what
you want to know about viticulture, why would anyone bother? Either
put
some thought into the question about the sort of advice you are really
seeking or go to a library or try google.

Thank God, a thoughtful way of saying you're question is so vague it
defies answer.

No need to be overly rude to the OP. Their question was indeed vague
but
I'd chock that up to inexperience with news groups.

That's a difference of opinion, I guess. My opinion is that the OP does
the
exact same thing in face to face discussions. It has nothing to do with
newsgroups. There's no reason to believe she's different because this is
newsgroup.

JSB you were a little harsh. Yes more thought could have, should have,
been
put into the question but give the OP a chance. We really don't know
anything
about him/her, could be a person who has reason to not know how to ask.

David

The most highly regarded teacher in my high school was the one who would
NEVER put up with a question like the OP asked. I'm in my 50s now, but ten
years after graduating, I'd run into classmates now and then, and the
discussion would eventually turn to that teacher, and how she taught us to
think for ourselves and ask the right kinds of questions. Spoon feeding
people is counterproductive for both parties involved.

By the way, if the OP was serious about the question, she could've ignored
me and come up with a better question. She hasn't done that, even though she
knows there are some easier people here who may help her.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

FarmI wrote:
"josi" wrote in message

[...]

And I've taken viticulture, botany, and have 30 years of experience with
wine grapes, and the OP hasn't responded to my offer either. So I guess
there isn't anything happening here.

To future posters: Sometimes it takes awhile to clearly pose a question
(factors that you hadn't considered, i.e. climate, soil, ect.). Don't
give up when you're criticized. See if there isn't something to be
learned from the criticism, and restate the question.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars