Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-12-2007, 05:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What does your garden look like now?

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/15/07 8:19 AM, in article , "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

Where are you David, I may have to come for a visit. Early fall sounds
heavenly. Why no red bellied snakes? They aren't poisonous? Just bad
tempered?

Not early fall, early summer. East coast Australia, north of Newcastle.
Red-bellied black snakes are quite deadly but not bad tempered. We also have
eastern brown snakes: deadly, fast and bad tempered. It's a nice place but
you must have respect for the locals.

David

Aha - that explains all - there is a red bellied snake in the US, not
poisonous and "one of the good guys".

Have a great summer!

We have red bellied moccasins, but no one considers them a "good guy"
around here!!

BTW, my "garden" is finally a soggy mess! It has been raining here since
around 4 this afternoon. The garden is also covered in hay and horse &
cow you-know-what, as we relocated the corral for a bit. Will use a
different area come spring. Glad for the rain, but would like to see a
bit of snow before winter is over. Very thankful for the rain right now
though!

~Rae