Old 09-01-2008, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default tree troubles

Billy wrote in

ct.net.au:

Uh, isn't Outlook Express the favorite target of Web
viruses?

no, that's Internet Explorer, but OE is vulnerable to *email*
viruses.
however, it comes installed on most computers & for people
who don't know how to find safe downloadable free news
clients, it's way better than reading Google groups with IE (&
a bit safer)
personally, i'd go to Tucows & grab xNews (or use Pan in
Linux), but some people don't know about that.
lee

--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be
Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"cat daddy" wrote:

"Tad" wrote in message

On Jan 6, 5:04 am, enigma wrote:
Tad wrote

ups.com:

Is there a way to block users so I don't have to see any
more of John's inane posts?

not if you read through Google Groups. you need a newsreader &
NNTP server. then you can filter & will see almost no spam, too.
lee

I read these through a digest that is sent to me at the end of the day
and then I click on the link to go to google groups. I use the latest
version of internet explorer. From what I'm understanding it doesn't
sound like I can filter my email using these connections?

Thanks for your help and sharing your computer knowledge!

****************

Your service provider is Comcast, who offers newsgroups. Click this

link
and also read the related FAQs.

How do I configure Outlook Express to view and post to newsgroups?
http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/inde...sSoftware17506

"If you would like to use Outlook Express as your news client, please
follow the instructions outlined below. Or, if you use Microsoft

Windows,
you can click here to run a One Click Fix that will do most of the work

for
you."

Uh, isn't Outlook Express the favorite target of Web viruses?

It doesn't access the Web, so no..... OE is just a target of criticism
because it's a Microsoft product and with its widespread distribution with
Windows, newbies using it proliferate. Getting any virus/trojan etc.
infection is virtually impossible in text groups.

[IMG] code is On

English Ivy Troubles wronp Texas 1 05-03-2005 05:49 PM
Potato troubles...? Kenneth Gardening 2 28-07-2004 03:02 PM
trimmer and chain-saw tune-up troubles Lawrence Johnson Lawns 2 08-05-2004 05:46 PM
Araceae Plant Troubles David Young Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
lantana troubles Peter Imes Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:08 AM