Old 21-01-2008, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Infrastructure Required to put Drip Irridation

I have recently planted arracanut garden of 460 trees in one acre of
flat land. The Trees are planted 1 Foot Below the Ground Level. The
land is basically agricultural land where pady was growing earlier.
Now the land is planted with aracanut. Please somebody would explain
me the procdure and feasibility of putting Drip Irrigation to this
farm. I am having 3Hp Pump which can catter 2 Hours continous water
per day.
Old 21-01-2008, 07:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
wrote:

I have recently planted arracanut garden of 460 trees in one acre of
flat land. The Trees are planted 1 Foot Below the Ground Level. The
land is basically agricultural land where pady was growing earlier.
Now the land is planted with aracanut. Please somebody would explain
me the procdure and feasibility of putting Drip Irrigation to this
farm. I am having 3Hp Pump which can catter 2 Hours continous water
per day.

You have the pump. Do you have the water? From aracanuts I know nothing
except they look like palm trees. You need at least one filter after the
pump, maybe more. You need to determine how much water each-tree-
needs/day. I am not an expert on trees but my understanding is that
trees do better with occasional deep watering than daily shallow
watering. This may be different when first establishing an orchard. You
need to determine how much water can be pumped in your two hour time
frame. Divide the amount-of-water-that-can-be-pumped by
the-amount-of-water-needed per tree to determine the maximum number of
trees that can be planted. (Leave yourself some margin of error and only
plant 85% to 90% of the theoretical maximum number of trees.)

If your pump isn't a variable speed pump, you may want to install a
by-pass valve from the in-put side to the out-put side (a pvc pipe that
by passes the pump that has a valve in line). This will allow you to
adjust the water pressure to the drip line. Hopefully you have a
pressure gauge, if not, start out slowly.

===== pump =====
| |
|---X--| X = valve

Hopefully, someone will be along to fill in the rest of the information
that you need.

Good luck.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...George_W._Bush

Old 22-01-2008, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 21, 1:21 pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Bush & Cheney, Behind Barshttp://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/946709.htmlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_to_impeach_George_W._Bush

As he said "flat land", it may be a simple matter of finding the
largest tank or tanks that he can get, raise them as high as he can,
and use them as a source for the drip hose network. He can fill the
tanks whenever the pump is available and then "meter" the water out.
I realize that "flat" is often a relative term.

cheers

oz, ordering tree seedlings