Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Earth Box ?

Anybody ever use the Earth Box growing system? I planning on doing some
tomatoes and peppers in containers this Spring, and this self-watering
system looks really interesting.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Insight News" wrote in message
m...
Anybody ever use the Earth Box growing system? I planning on doing some
tomatoes and peppers in containers this Spring, and this self-watering
system looks really interesting.

I made my own (2) from the plans below. They seem to be going ok at present.
We have a 100 year drought on at present & the rocket, basil & corriander I
have planted in the earth boxes are doing fine. I made a big one out of a
rubbish bin that will be used for my autum tomatos in the polytunnel. Quite
easy to make once you figure out how. Helps to have a decent tool box mind.
rob
http://www.seattleoil.com/Flyers/Earthbox.pdf
http://www.earthboxresearch.com/