Old 11-02-2008, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default 300 Mexicans (1 minute video)

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Eigenvector wrote:

Yeah, now if they would only emigrate here lawfully, you might have a
leg to stand on.

A state study showed that illegals are costing legal residents an
average of $80 per year per legal resident.

I understand your anger, Frank. After all, we stole half of Mexico, fair
and square, just so Manifest Destiny wouldn't look stupid.

Speaking of stealing, Bush's little duzzy of a war, which has no benefit
for most of us, costs each US citizen $335/year.

I have a nasty head cold, so cut me some slack, that amount should read
$885 per capita per year for the last six years. What could we have done
for education, health care or, infrastructure with that money($1.6
trillion)?

So whatcha' plantin' for greens Frank? Any gotta have plants for your
garden or jardin this year?

--
Bush Behind Bar

Stole half of Mexico?? Are you referring to that legal purchase of land we
made in the 1800's? Or are you referring to the land grab to began with
Cortez, Pizarro, Columbus, Balboa, and a host of other conquistadors. Sorry
but you'll have to take your gripe up with the King of Spain, the Pope, and
Maximillian. Of course if you wish to reset the clock back to the 1400's,
you'll first have to get approval from Europe, Russia, Japan, China, Canada,
and Australia - all the countries that would suffer greatly from the radical
change to their own borders. Oh, you think only the US should do this?

Pining for the past because of your failures in the present - how pathetic.

Jeez guys, can you throw in a little cover with gardening patter about
what your looking forward to growing this year or what your favorite
mulch is or, I'm gonna have the coven coming after me for leading you
down the garden path, uh, hmmm, so to speak.

Eigen, you normally seem like a sensible chap. I believe that you are
confusing the Louisiana Purchase of 1803 with the Mexican American War
of 1848, the highlights of which can be found in the highly esteemed
"People's History of the United States: 1492 to Present" by Howard
Zinn.

So what kind of gardening do you do Eigen, scratched girt, raised beds,
lasagna, deep tilled? How long before you can get in the garden? Do you
germinate or use starters? What's your most important plant?

Frank, the illegal immigrants that I know are a woman from the the
Caribbean and a guy from France. They both worked here before meeting
held jobs and supported a family. You'll be pleased to know that they
are both American citizens now. I too was an illegal alien in France.
Some fuzzy idea about needing to leave after 90 days with no period of
time given before returning. Every 90 days I'd whisk myself across the
boarder, have a leisurely lunch and drive back in with my recite as
proof of being out of France. Seemed silly to me at the time, especially
compared with the vilification of todays illegals.

So what kinds of peppers and tomatoes are you growing? Have you grown
them before with good luck?

As soon as I can stay awake for four or more hours, there are a few
spots in the garden that could use a little more newsprint and alfalfa
to repress the wild onions.

I'll start germinating cabbage in a week with an eye to the beginning of
April for planting.

I'm going to try and grow a prickly pear cactus. It's supposed to be
good for what ails you.

Good show everyone. Keep up the garden banter.
--

Billy

Bush, Cheney & Pelosi, Behind Bars
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/site/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...George_W._Bush

Old 13-02-2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Eigenvector" wrote in message news:atmdnVKYhZn-
Yeah, now if they would only emigrate here lawfully, you might have a leg to
stand on.

If the military accepts illegals, that should be enough for YOU to consider
them worthwhile citizens.

No it shouldn't. If the government wishes to grant them visas, citizenships,
traveler's passes, whatever I won't grumble - after all they would be here
LEGALLY. But that isn't happeing, they are here ILLEGALLY, of their own
volition and choice. I can't fathom why you would condone openly violating
the law. This discussion is about illegal immigrants, not legal immigrants or
people with valid work visas. Don't try to lump me in with all the scumbag
racists.

And who is it that gives them the motivation to come here? Perhaps you should be
mad at the corporations that make it worth their time to come here, rather than
the poeple that are just trying to survive. Throw the illegal employers in jail
and you might solve the problem.

Old 13-02-2008, 05:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Eigenvector wrote:
Yeah, now if they would only emigrate here lawfully, you might have a
leg to stand on.
A state study showed that illegals are costing legal residents an
average of $80 per year per legal resident.

I understand your anger, Frank. After all, we stole half of Mexico, fair
and square, just so Manifest Destiny wouldn't look stupid.

Speaking of stealing, Bush's little duzzy of a war, which has no benefit
for most of us, costs each US citizen $335/year.

So whatcha' plantin' for greens Frank? Any gotta have plants for your
garden or jardin this year?

My grandparents were escaping Europe to come here way after any theft
happened and they came here legally.

I do have a friend from New Mexico whose family was there before US took
over and are there today. Asked him if he considered himself Hispanic
and he said he never thought about it. If he can forget, so can you.

My garden was taken over by deer and shade years ago. I grow tomatoes,
peppers and eggplants in pots on deck.

Frank

Frank,
I asked what kind of tomatoes, peppers and, eggplants that you are
growing in pots and whether they worked for you in the past. Why those
and not someting else?

--
Bush Behind Bars

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 13-02-2008, 05:57 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

[...]

And if you were in the Mexican's position? You would look your wife and
kids in the eye and say,"I'm sorry, I can't feed and shelter you because
I would have to break the law." Yeah, I can just imagine you saying
that. This isn't about choosing a life style. My wife, my kids, I do
what I gotta do. At least, I hope I do or what am I? Our government and
the Mexican government are putting a lot of people in positions that
they don't want to be in. Leave my wife for nine months year? Well, the
first one, yeah, easy. The current Mrs. Wild Billy, after 39 years of
snuggles and gooly goolies, uh-uh, no way, forget it. When you are in
love, geo-political ramifications are on their own.

Loosen up America, quit listening to that radio shock jock between your
ears and listen to your hearts. No reason for us to get fat and for
Mexicans to starve or, wear rags. We aren't here that long.

Old 13-02-2008, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Eigenvector wrote:
[...]

I grow full grown plants in large, about 16X14 inch plastic pots, with
no problem using cheap, bagged top soil. They do require intensive
watering, careful fertilization and for tomatoes, calcium addition.
No particular variety and I had been planting my own seeds but cannot
get them to mature as fast as buying hardened seedlings. Did a few
cucumbers and melons in pots on patio below deck last year but deer got
most of them. I will try again this year with netting in critical spots.