Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
DA DA is offline

Default Neem as pesticide - how effective against Japanese beetle?

Hi everyone,

Heard it on the radio today that neem is a great organic pesticide that
can be used against Japanese beetle. I have never heard of neem before and
had to run a small search on the Net. First thing that caught my attention
in the Wikipedia article about neem is that it is only effective against
the pests that actually digest it via the sprayed plant tissue and it
suggests that some bugs (ladybugs for ex), among other insects are pretty
much immune. My greatest interest is in whether or not Japanese beetle
would be affected - we've been hit really hard by them in the past. So,
does anyone in this respectable group have a real life experience using
neem as a pesticide? Could you please post your observations, especially
if they include the japanese beetle?

Where do people buy neem and in what form for garden use, anyways?

Thanks!

D~

Delivered via http://www.gardenalley.com/
Gardening Online Community
rec.gardens - 31445 messages and counting!