Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural

Default Tiller Maintenance

A neighbor garderner who is nearing his nineties gave me his old
Murray front-tine tiller (model # 2-13051A) which had lain dormant in
his garden shed for years disabled with a set of bad points in the
engine.

It's a "forward/reverse" rig powered by a 5 h.p. Briggs 4 cylce with
two drive pulleys. The tines are super heavy duty, of heavier gauge
metal than you see on any of the brands commonly available today--and
I like it a lot.

The tag on the tiller body gives Date of Manufacture as "1264" --but
if that means December of 1964 (I had to wash my glasses before I was
willing to believe it) then I should not be surprised to find it's on
its second engine, which according to the code number stamped on it,
is a 1981 model.

Now that I've got the old beast up and running just like new again,
I'm hoping there's somebody out there who is maybe around a 150 years
old (or better) who can tell me if that black cap I see on the rear of
what looks like the chain drive housing is a lubrication port. I
assume it's got a chain drive in there by looking at the shape of the
case (also of heavy gauge metal with many, many bolts) that contains
it.

In short, I have no idea of what the maintenence procedure for this
thing may be.
--
JM
http://whosenose.blogspot.com/
Old 01-04-2008, 03:25 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural

Just Me wrote:
[...]

Perhaps you'll find help he
http://www.murray.com/contact/contact_us_75.asp

And he
http://www.murray.com/products/combi...=Model&type=OM

Old 01-04-2008, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural

Christian wrote:
I own a business "Professional Pond Maintenance and Fish Care".

That's your first untruth... you *operate* a business.... you don't
own a business until your IRS return doesn't show you're operating at
a loss.

I'm not here to promote my business.

That's your second untruth.

I'm wanting to get any and all feedback, positive or negative,
on a website I designed recently to go with it. I advertise locally
and direct folks to my site for more information.

Here is the link:http://allyoudoisfeedthefish.net/index.html

What do you think of the basic design?
Can you read it easily?
Ads or no ads?

I'm thinking people here are close to my target audience, being that
garden lovers usually like ponds even if they don't personally have
one.

Thank You,
Christian

Your parents must have had high hopes for you to succeed in the
arts... you're not going to do well in business unless you CHANGE YOUR
MAME.
--------
Doo, our Zionist wacko.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural
Ann Ann is offline

Billy expounded:

Christian wrote:
[...]

This is very interesting. How did Billy post the above, exactly the
same wording as Sheldon back on 3/25/08, post complete with headers
copied below:
************************************************** ************************************************** **************************
From: Sheldon
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: I would like some feedback..
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT)

Christian wrote:
[...]

name.
************************************************** *********************************

April Fools or what? Billy is Sheldon? Sheldon is Billy? Someone
lose a sock? ;-
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 02-04-2008, 03:44 PM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens

Clarification: The "Ann" attribution below is rec.gardens "Ann", not
misc.rural "Ann" ). Since r.g Ann probably isn't going
to "see" the reply to her message posted only to m.r, I'm
(re)cross-posting. Hope that's all perfectly clear. g

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:55:54 +0000, enigma wrote:
Ann wrote in
:

April Fools or what? Billy is Sheldon? Sheldon is Billy?
Someone lose a sock? ;-

i don't think so. Billy was qouating Sheldon's snarky reply.
he added the one stupid line at the bottom calling Sheldon a
'doo'.
not sure who crossposted it here, because the "pond guy"
didn't. my guess is Shelly did. i haven't seen Billy here
otherwise.
Shelly's not as intelligent as Billy plus his one trick is
sexual smears
lee

Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 PM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Ann expounded:

Clarification: The "Ann" attribution below is rec.gardens "Ann", not
misc.rural "Ann" ). Since r.g Ann probably isn't going
to "see" the reply to her message posted only to m.r, I'm
(re)cross-posting. Hope that's all perfectly clear. g

Yes, this is true, you've occasionally posted in rec.gardens over the
years - nice to 'meet' you!

And to lee:

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:55:54 +0000, enigma wrote:
Ann wrote in
:

April Fools or what? Billy is Sheldon? Sheldon is Billy?
Someone lose a sock? ;-

i don't think so. Billy was qouating Sheldon's snarky reply.
he added the one stupid line at the bottom calling Sheldon a
'doo'.
not sure who crossposted it here, because the "pond guy"
didn't. my guess is Shelly did. i haven't seen Billy here
otherwise.
Shelly's not as intelligent as Billy plus his one trick is
sexual smears

Ah, yes, I was totally confused. Thanx for clearing that up!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 PM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:00:32 -0400, Ann wrote:

Ann expounded:

Clarification: The "Ann" attribution below is rec.gardens "Ann", not
misc.rural "Ann" ). Since r.g Ann probably isn't going
to "see" the reply to her message posted only to m.r, I'm
(re)cross-posting. Hope that's all perfectly clear. g

Yes, this is true, you've occasionally posted in rec.gardens over the
years - nice to 'meet' you!

It's been a while since I subscribed to r.g, but I know some of my posts
have found their way there since via cross-posts I've replied to. I'm
Ann-PA-5a.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Mar 31, 9:25 pm, Sheldon wrote:
In short, I have no idea of what the maintenance procedure for this
thing may be.

Perhaps you'll find help hehttp://www.murray.com/contact/contact_us_75.asp

Been there.

And hehttp://www.murray.com/products/combi...Model&type=OM-

Done that. But thanks anyway. They offer no support for any of their
products older than 2003.

Thanks also to Larry. I'll give the thing a good cleanup which ought
to reveal whether that cap is the lube port it appears to be.

Man! Did this thread ever degenerate in a hurry, no sooner than it
was suicide bombed by that exploding bucket of greasy bolts and loose
screws known as "Billy" or . . .

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Or whatever the devil that awful racket is.

You ask for something so simple as a bit of advice from a person 150
years old (or better) on a rotary tiller 40 years old (or better)--and
what do you get? Some incendiary stink bomb of Muslim propaganda
having nothing to do with gardens or rural living, but all about how
"enlightened" and "civilized" it's always been every time the God
damned Garden of Allah has made its weedy and bramble ridden ramble
over an Arab fence-line toward world domination.

When will these people ever shut up and go back to minding their own
business in this world? Never? So it would seem, seeing how its always
been their business to invade the business of others, ever since the
beginning.

More here . . .