Old 02-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered User

Default Should I re-pot these plants?

Hi

Thanks for reading. This is my first year gardenening, ever and was just wondering if 1) I planted too many seeds in the seed tray and 2) should I put them in bigger pots yet?

http://www.pbase.com/akumos/image/95055941

Secdonly, are these pots big enough for cabages (top) and cucumbers (bottom).

http://www.pbase.com/akumos/image/95055942

Any additional advice you can give from the pictues is great, thanks.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Akumos wrote in
:

Thanks for reading. This is my first year gardenening, ever
and was just wondering if 1) I planted too many seeds in
the seed tray and 2) should I put them in bigger pots yet?

http://tinyurl.com/2z6tjl

1) yes. i only put 2-4 seeds per section.
2) not yet, but you need to thin the seedlings you have to the
one strongest seedling per section now. it's better to use
tiny sissors & snip off the weaker seedings rather than
pulling them out & disturbing the roots of the one you are
keeping.

Secdonly, are these pots big enough for cabages (top) and
cucumbers (bottom).

http://tinyurl.com/yo7vp7

there's nothing to give a size perspective in the photo, but
i'm guessing those are 6" or 8" pots? if so, they're ok for
starting, but you can't grow tham out in them. you'll need at
least 12" pots, & preferably larger if you plan to grow the
plants in pots. that's per plant (although 2 cucumbers should
be ok in a 14" or larger pot)

Any additional advice you can give from the pictues is
great, thanks.

don't keep your cucumbers that wet. you'll get fungus &/or
mildew.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Akumos wrote:

Hi

Thanks for reading. This is my first year gardenening, ever and was
just wondering if 1) I planted too many seeds in the seed tray and 2)
should I put them in bigger pots yet?

http://tinyurl.com/2z6tjl

Secdonly, are these pots big enough for cabages (top) and cucumbers
(bottom).

http://tinyurl.com/yo7vp7

Any additional advice you can give from the pictues is great, thanks.

Try http://www.sherrysgreenhouse.com/pag...ing/index.html

Pot somewhere between the time the plants show true leaves, to the time
when the leaves start to touch.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered User

Thank you, will take this into consideration!