Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hose connector search

In article ,
Craig Banks wrote:

Hi folks,

My first post here so go easy with me. Apologies if this is in the
wrong section or not appropriate to this forum.

I am having trouble tracking down a replacement hose connector as
pictured below. I'm only requiring the connector as shown and do not
want to connect with additional items.

The item is one piece and the thread appears to be about 1" (25mm).

Can anyone tell me where this could be purchased... preferably on the
'net.

Thank you.

[image: http://www.carpstudy.co.uk/images/other/hose1.jpg]

[image: http://www.carpstudy.co.uk/images/other/hose2.jpg]

Perhaps this will do it.

Bill and no need to buy it here. BTW most folks are easy going about
here.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...tools&field-ke
ywords=gardena&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-
1_tools_3130058_2&results-process=default

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
MaCain in 2038 !!

Old 05-04-2008, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Bill wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...tools&field-ke
ywords=gardena&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-
1_tools_3130058_2&results-process=default

I was just looking at this and the price due to the fall of the US
dollar is nuts.

Bill

Old 06-04-2008, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Craig Banks" wrote in message

Hi folks,

My first post here so go easy with me. Apologies if this is in the
wrong section or not appropriate to this forum.

I am having trouble tracking down a replacement hose connector as
pictured below. I'm only requiring the connector as shown and do not
want to connect with additional items.

The item is one piece and the thread appears to be about 1" (25mm).

Can anyone tell me where this could be purchased... preferably on the
'net.

Thank you.

[image: http://www.carpstudy.co.uk/images/other/hose1.jpg]

[image: http://www.carpstudy.co.uk/images/other/hose2.jpg]

--
Craig Banks

I don't have the identical connector, but I have one that is very similar
that I bought at Lowe's.

MaryL

Old 06-04-2008, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

That looks like a quick disconnect. I have some metal ones for use with
my air compressor, but it looks like yours is plastic. I'd be very
reluctant to buy something like that on the internet, because they come
in all kinds of sizes and configurations, and the internet isn't very
good about making sure replacements fit. Also, as its plastic I would
guess is is inexpensive and internet sales always involve a pretty hefty
shipping and handling charge.

I live in the US and we used to have hardware stores, but most have now
been driven out of business by the home centers, who don't do a very
good job of maintaining specific items in inventory. When we buy
something, then go back a few months later to get replacement parts,
they have discontinued the original line, and want to sell us a whole
new item, rather than a part.

I'm not familiar with your country, but if you have hardware stores, or
garden tool stores, that would be a good place to look. Faced with a
hose part failure, I usually end up buying a new part (two parts in the
case of disconnects) even though they don't fit my remaining good part,
then cutting a few inches off each hose and installing the new. That
probably explains why I have all these 49 foot hoses.

Good luck in finding a solution. I had quick disconnects on a hose, but
they always seemed to leak and it was too easy to break the plastic
parts, so I just use screw-on connectors now. The quick disconnects for
my air compressor, however, perform quite well.