Old 13-04-2008, 06:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Material that stops fruiting

Hi,

What is the material that stops fruiting called? We have a beautiful
weeping peach tree that flowers nicely but then produces a bountiful
crop of inedible peaches. Even the squirrels do not eat them so I
have to pick up bushels of them every fall.

I know that there are such materials but danged if I can find them.

TIA

John
Old 13-04-2008, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
John Bachman wrote:

Hi,

What is the material that stops fruiting called? We have a beautiful
weeping peach tree that flowers nicely but then produces a bountiful
crop of inedible peaches. Even the squirrels do not eat them so I
have to pick up bushels of them every fall.

I know that there are such materials but danged if I can find them.

TIA

John

John,
try http://www.mortonarb.org/res/CLINIC_...ucingFruit.pdf
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 14-04-2008, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

I had an ornamental plum that did the same thing. Just a horrible, nasty
mess. It was growing next to the sidewalk (it was there when I bought the
house) and was not only a rotting mess but a hazard as well. I tracked down
a 'fruit inhibitor spray', can't remember the name. The MSDS sheet has
little skulls on it and CARCINOGEN in just about every column. Didn't buy
that stuff. A product called Fruit Stop was then recommended. I read the
MSDS sheet on it and decided I'd just get rid of the tree. That Fruit Stop
stuff was even MORE EVIL! I just decided to get rid of the %$#$ tree and
start over with something else.

Val
"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

What is the material that stops fruiting called? We have a beautiful
weeping peach tree that flowers nicely but then produces a bountiful
crop of inedible peaches. Even the squirrels do not eat them so I
have to pick up bushels of them every fall.

I know that there are such materials but danged if I can find them.

TIA

John

[IMG] code is On

Local Wally World stops selling fish........ Tristin[_2_] Ponds 0 03-03-2007 02:02 PM
Ryobi Edger Attachment Stops Turning mike Gardening 0 24-04-2006 11:32 PM
What is the term for "stops putting out new growth in certain spots" JJ Gardening 0 05-05-2004 04:02 PM
the rain never stops Punch Lawns 2 12-06-2003 09:20 AM
Sprinkler system is making loud noise and stops for few seconds Bharat Texas 2 12-05-2003 10:08 PM