Old 15-04-2008, 01:49 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Default Earwigs indoors?

I've always known about earwigs, but in the last month or so I've been
finding them everywhere inside. I have absolutely no why they've
marched indoors, as they have never been indoors in these large
numbers before. Ever.

A while ago I had a problem with moths in my pantry. When I started
using the Enviro Safe pantry moth trap

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

I found that it caught not only swarms of moths, but also lots of
earwigs and other bugs as well. When I last bought these traps, there
was only a couple of these traps per packet, and they were not at all
cheap. I know yeast/beer lures slugs and snails like nothing on earth.
Surely there must be something simple that lures earwigs. The sticky
trap idea is very effective though. Any ideas?
Old 16-04-2008, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.consumers.pest-control
Tim Tim is offline

On 15-Apr-2008, Gas Bag wrote:

Surely there must be something simple that lures earwigs. The sticky
trap idea is very effective though. Any ideas?

There is, it is moisture and a dark hiding place. They prefer places such as
mulch beds and will at times come out, it all depends on the weather.

If you could somehow make a moist place for them to hide you will probably
capture a lot of them.

--

Capture and release the SNAKE to email me.

www.onepest.com
Old 20-04-2008, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.consumers.pest-control

Default Earwigs and beer?

I know that slugs and snails LOVE beer. I've also noticed that when I
go to cash in all my empty beer bottles and cans.....cockroaches seem
to love the smell of stale beer as well, as there are tons of them in
the beer cartons. (getting off the track a bit here).
I am trying to find out if earwigs are attracted to beer?

[IMG] code is On

Earwigs Matt Bristol Orchids 7 26-11-2003 05:06 PM
How to Kill spiders wasps earwigs centipedes etc Kat Gardening 14 16-05-2003 11:56 PM
Peanut Oil to Battle Earwigs? Fleemo Gardening 6 01-05-2003 08:56 PM
Earwigs on my Lemon Tree Chris Warr Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Earwigs arien Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:33 AM