Old 03-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Sandman

Default Eaten alive in NC...What's the best mosquito control? Magnet? Deleto? Sweat socks?

Kristen and all,

The PRO arrived last night and I got it set up. It was tough to
light. and one of the wheel holders broke first thing, but other than
that it did fire up and start working.

This morning there were 10-15 mosquitos in the net. My wife says
that's great since it isn't really mosquito season yet - yeah tell
that to my itchy knees.

Anyway, this is my first report.

P.S. All - I am not the same sandman that pops up in the google search
as using bad language and flaming people in this group.

B.

Another report. This morning I went out there and looked in the net.
I have a hard time seeing through the glass window, so I opened the
window. Low and behold, there were many mosquitos swarming in the
net. It reminded me of those old "OFF" commercials where the guy
sticks his hand into a box of mosquitos. I couldn't count how many
for obvious reasons, but there were also several typs of bugs in the
creases of the nets (one big moth and a bunch of other unidentified
species). I couldn't tell how many were mosquitos because it is just
sort of a black line of dead insect matter.

I just wanted to say I am mighty impressed by the swarm I've caught.
So far.

What is the most others have caught in the 21 day cycle of gas and
Octesone(sp)? Does it ever fill 1/4 to half a net?