Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

Default Does your garden faucet have hot as well as cold water?

max wrote in

..net:

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck.
This is yet another example of the shithead Gracious Living
virus.

well, not having a deck, i wouldn't wash it with "hott"
water. i do, however, have dogs & assorted livestock which i
bathe every so often & i do use warm water, both because it's
more comfortable for the animal & because soap washes out
better with warm than it does with cold.
i've been considering switching the outside faucet to one of
the temp. adjustable ones, but currently it's just as easy to
run a hose out from the sett tub in the basement (which is
actually closer to the barn than the exterior hose bibb on the
house)

lee hardly living graciously
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Old 06-05-2008, 10:08 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

On 2008-05-06, max wrote:

In article , Newbie
wrote:

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck. *This is yet
another example of the shithead Gracious Living virus.

Hot water is nice for washing a car on a cold day.

I thought that's what the Mexis at the car wash were for...

--
Best
Greg

Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
max max is offline

In article ,
enigma wrote:

max wrote in

.net:

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck.
This is yet another example of the shithead Gracious Living
virus.

well, not having a deck, i wouldn't wash it with "hott"
water. i do, however, have dogs & assorted livestock which i
bathe every so often & i do use warm water, both because it's
more comfortable for the animal & because soap washes out
better with warm than it does with cold.
i've been considering switching the outside faucet to one of
the temp. adjustable ones, but currently it's just as easy to
run a hose out from the sett tub in the basement (which is
actually closer to the barn than the exterior hose bibb on the
house)

lee hardly living graciously

its spelt hott, naught "hott"

--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:53 AM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

On May 6, 4:25 pm, max wrote:
In article ,

enigma wrote:
max wrote in

.net:

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck.
This is yet another example of the shithead Gracious Living
virus.

well, not having a deck, i wouldn't wash it with "hott"
water. i do, however, have dogs & assorted livestock which i
bathe every so often & i do use warm water, both because it's
more comfortable for the animal & because soap washes out
better with warm than it does with cold.
i've been considering switching the outside faucet to one of
the temp. adjustable ones, but currently it's just as easy to
run a hose out from the sett tub in the basement (which is
actually closer to the barn than the exterior hose bibb on the
house)

lee hardly living graciously

its spelt hott, naught "hott"

Actually, it's spelt "aitch two aught", is it not?

--
YOP...

Old 07-05-2008, 02:36 AM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

max wrote in
:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

max wrote in

dns .net:

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned
deck. This is yet another example of the shithead
Gracious Living virus.

well, not having a deck, i wouldn't wash it with "hott"
water. i do, however, have dogs & assorted livestock which
i bathe every so often & i do use warm water, both because
it's more comfortable for the animal & because soap washes
out better with warm than it does with cold.
i've been considering switching the outside faucet to one
of
the temp. adjustable ones, but currently it's just as easy
to run a hose out from the sett tub in the basement (which
is actually closer to the barn than the exterior hose bibb
on the house)

lee hardly living graciously

its spelt hott, naught "hott"

of course.
and it's "not", not "naught", which means zero.
the acceptability of "spelt" vs "spelled" depends on your side
of the pond...
lee
Old 07-05-2008, 03:57 AM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

Nicko wrote:
On May 6, 4:25 pm, max wrote:
In article ,

enigma wrote:
[...]

Tis "haitch two aught," all right.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:11 AM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
max max is offline

In article ,
enigma wrote:

max wrote in
:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

max wrote in

dns .net:

[...]

ewe thimk sew?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:33 AM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

In article ,
max wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

max wrote in
:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

max wrote in

dns .net:

[...]

Eye dew bee leave her, knot hymn.

- Mark Twain never had any use for a person who only knew one way
to spell a word.
--

Billy
Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Pennyaline wrote:

Tis "haitch two aught," all right.

Very interesting. Things are so boring over at chi.general that
nobody has posted nuthin'. It looks as if it has fallen to us to
baby sit them:-( They tell us to go away but we are all they've
got. Check these sorry suckers out at chi.general.
--

Billy

Old 07-05-2008, 03:24 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens

In article ,
Geoff Gass wrote:

Newbie wrote:
I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a
decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar,
it may be good to have warm water.

OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever
seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or
even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you
find it useful in practice?

Seems like unnecessary added expense. Probably a more expensive
faucet, and you'd need to run both hot and cold pipes. If you need hot
(car seems like a better need), just run the hose from the laundry room
like you do now.

I just put hot water in the bucket of soap and rinse with cold using the
hose