Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Chocolate Digitalis

I received an offer of a free "chocolate" digitalis from Thompson and
Morgan Nursery with a minimum order. I donno, is it just me?
A "brown flowered" foxglove doesn't sound all that ornamental.
It sounds psychotic.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_4_] View Post
I received an offer of a free "chocolate" digitalis from Thompson and
Morgan Nursery with a minimum order. I donno, is it just me?
A "brown flowered" foxglove doesn't sound all that ornamental.
It sounds psychotic.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

I wonder which species this is, as there are several brown flowered foxgloves:
http://tinyurl.com/56e2pg
http://tinyurl.com/5glf29
http://tinyurl.com/5poema

They are elegant rather than showy. If you don't want them, maybe someone else will take them off you.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
beccabunga wrote:

;795934']I received an offer of a free "chocolate" digitalis from

http://tinyurl.com/4ffszx
http://tinyurl.com/4anv4s

I wonder which species this is, as there are several brown flowered
foxgloves:
http://tinyurl.com/56e2pg
http://tinyurl.com/5glf29
http://tinyurl.com/5poema

They are elegant rather than showy. If you don't want them, maybe
someone else will take them off you.

I'd have to buy something first, and this isn't gonna induce me to.
Brown flowers! If they were dry, it would be the joys of times past.
To me, brown just sets the bar too low for rejoicing. Too contemplative
to stir my emotions. Chacun a son goût.
I dunno, http://tinyurl.com/5glf29 looks OK but my foxgloves are a light
burgundy and white against a retaining wall of violets.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars
Old 04-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered User

[/i][/color]

I'd have to buy something first, and this isn't gonna induce me to.
Brown flowers! If they were dry, it would be the joys of times past.
To me, brown just sets the bar too low for rejoicing. Too contemplative
to stir my emotions. Chacun a son goût.
I dunno, http://tinyurl.com/5glf29 looks OK but my foxgloves are a light
burgundy and white against a retaining wall of violets.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aEo...eature=related[/quote]

Quite see your point! Since T&M are offering these as a free gift, could you not find someone to do an exchange for something that suits your colour scheme?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
beccabunga wrote:

I'd have to buy something first, and this isn't gonna induce me to.
Brown flowers! If they were dry, it would be the joys of times past.
To me, brown just sets the bar too low for rejoicing. Too contemplative

to stir my emotions. Chacun a son goût.
I dunno, http://tinyurl.com/5glf29 looks OK but my foxgloves are a
light
burgundy and white against a retaining wall of violets.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars
http://tinyurl.com/4ffszx
http://tinyurl.com/4anv4s

Quite see your point! Since T&M are offering these as a free gift, could
you not find someone to do an exchange for something that suits your
colour scheme?[/i][/color]

I'm glad that you see my point but you don't seem to be understanding
the words that are coming out of my keyboard;-)
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

[IMG] code is On

Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis Michael Gorelick Gardening 2 25-07-2007 07:54 PM
Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis Michael Gorelick Gardening 0 23-07-2007 06:27 AM
digitalis disaster holly Gardening 7 09-09-2004 06:47 PM
Digitalis indentification Seagul United Kingdom 2 02-06-2004 10:07 PM
SV: chocolate making -- Tempering Chocolate! Gary Pollack Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:21 PM