Old 05-06-2008, 02:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sticky pots and got them in the ground

Went out Tuesday for a round of nurseries with two friends. Came home with a
bunch of tomatoes (Bull's Heart, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Japanese Black
Triffle, Sugary, Black of Tula, Green Grape), four slicing cucumbers, Spirit
of Christmas hosta and Mocha Mint Huechera. Oh and some annuals for pots.

They're all in the ground or pots and I'm a happy girl.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 5, 9:47 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Went out Tuesday for a round of nurseries with two friends. Came home with a
bunch of tomatoes (Bull's Heart, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Japanese Black
Triffle, Sugary, Black of Tula, Green Grape), four slicing cucumbers, Spirit
of Christmas hosta and Mocha Mint Huechera. Oh and some annuals for pots.

They're all in the ground or pots and I'm a happy girl.

Good Job!! It usually takes me a few days before I have everything
where it belongs after a nursery shopping trip. The Amish greenhouses
usually have everything I need and plenty more I want. I know I spend
over $225 on plants this year. I need a greenhouse so badly!!
Nothing in the garden is growing as fast as in the past. Temps here in
DE have been up and down.
What fun names and varieties of 'maters you scored. Post a link to a
basket of them for us when you harvest.
Nan in DE
Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 6/5/08 10:28 AM, in article
, "Nanzi"
wrote:

[...]

So, I'm not the only one with funky weather. It feels more like mid fall
weather than late spring and I'm afraid I'm going to freeze tomorrow at the
band trip to Canobie (an amusement part trip given to the elementary school
band students in my town).

I'm looking forward to my harvest. I've sampled a number of them before. If
you can seek out the Green Grapes, do so. A sprinkling of salt and you're in
heaven.

Cheryl

Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

I wish I had a private gardener.

victoria

First of all thanks for inspiriting to find this site!

Bill
I've read a lot about the nature of work most of it flavored by
British thought and Blake in particular. This site offers charm and a
smile when we bend to move a plant.

http://www.gardendigest.com/work.htm

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA