Old 09-06-2008, 07:45 PM posted to alt.religion.wicca,alt.conspiracy,alt.conspiracy.jfk,rec.gardens

Default Gas prices around the world

On Jun 9, 12:54*pm, Paul Bearer
wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:16:42 +0100, "Luke"

wrote:

"Kerry Weaver" wrote in message
.. .
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...bal_gasprices/

They're just going to keep going up and up. When the demand is still wildly
increasing, of course you will end up supply problems. Just think of the
things that we use oil for.

We desperately need a new form of energy that is clean,
cheap, plentiful. *

We should have a Manhattan type project to solve that problem.
.

You mean we should have one or two scientists work on it under top
secret conditions in a hidden lab?

Would you even know if we already did?

--
theoneflasehaddock
Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 PM posted to alt.religion.wicca,alt.conspiracy,alt.conspiracy.jfk,rec.gardens

Theoneflasehaddock wrote:

wrote:

"Kerry Weaver" wrote in message
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...bal_gasprices/

They're just going to keep going up and up. When the demand is
still wildly increasing, of course you will end up supply
problems.
Just think of the things that we use oil for.

We desperately need a new form of energy that is clean,
cheap, plentiful.

We should have a Manhattan type project to solve that problem.
.

You mean we should have one or two scientists work on it under top
secret conditions in a hidden lab?

Would you even know if we already did?

Uh, the Manhattan Engineering District was not "one or two scientists
working under top secret conditions in a hidden lab", it was at the
time the largest engineering development program in history, involving
thousands of scientists and engineers in three major facilities, each
the size of a small city, and more than 20 smaller sites. Further,
most people in the physics community who were _not_ part of it
nonetheless had a pretty good idea what was going on--as one of my
professors put it "when Bethe and Bohr and Hahn and Fermi and the rest
disappeared, we all knew what it meant--'atom bomb'".

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)