Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2008, 01:34 AM posted to rec.gardens,hawaii.gardening

Default Pineapple harvest

I have grown a pineapple here in Quebec City. This is the first
pineapple I have ever seen on a plant. And I don't know anyone
who knows anything about growing pineapples. The fruit is now about
half the size of a pineapple as sold at the grocery. The fruit
is getting a little heavy and it is starting to lean over. Should
I let it lean all the way to the ground or should I use a stake
to keep it upright?

I'm not sure if I should expect my pineapple to grow quite as big as
one that would've grown in the tropics. So, does anyone know what
is the best way to know if a pineapple is ready to be picked?

When, I will harvest it, what do I do, do I just pull on the fruit
or do I cut it off with a knife? I hope to get more pineapples
from the same plant.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Alain Fournier

[IMG] code is On

My Pineapple Sage is Blooming!!! Mark Anderson Gardening 12 07-11-2003 09:42 PM
Eucomis Bicolor (Pineapple Lily) hhhouse Gardening 1 11-10-2003 11:42 PM
Pineapple James Mayer Edible Gardening 0 17-09-2003 01:42 AM
Pineapple? JNJ Gardening 15 12-04-2003 02:32 AM
Is pineapple a fruit? Ted Shoemaker Gardening 18 14-03-2003 09:56 PM