Old 26-07-2008, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default geraniums

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:11:12 +0100, jayne
wrote:

I am a resident of Spain, Cost Blanca, a very mild climate. I love
geraniums but am not sure how to prune them in this climate. Obviously
frost is not an issue. Does anyone know if my geraniums will continue
to flower all year and what I ought to be feeding them. Also I have
seen yellow and blue geraniums on sale by a dutch company but only
available for delivery in UK. Anyone know if anyone delivers to Spain?

I'm in Los Angeles, geraniums here, ivy, zonal, and martha washington
fancies, all do well. Some of the bushier ones may get leggy and need
pruning. All are very hardy, just do whatever you want to them, they
flower pretty much continuously here, I just toss a little MiracleGro
in the watering can now and then for good luck.

J.

Old 26-07-2008, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I am a resident of Spain, Cost Blanca, a very mild climate. I love
geraniums but am not sure how to prune them in this climate. Obviously
frost is not an issue. Does anyone know if my geraniums will continue
to flower all year and what I ought to be feeding them. Also I have
seen yellow and blue geraniums on sale by a dutch company but only
available for delivery in UK. Anyone know if anyone delivers to Spain?

I've never seen a yellow or blue geranium, that would be novel!

I've seen some yellow-throated petunias at a house nearby, have not
seem them in the nursery, I guess anything that blooms purple is
supposed to hybridize to yellow fairly easily, and maybe vice-versa,
but these were new to me and very pretty.

J.

Old 26-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered User

Old 27-07-2008, 11:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I am a resident of Spain, Cost Blanca, a very mild climate. I love
geraniums but am not sure how to prune them in this climate. Obviously
frost is not an issue. Does anyone know if my geraniums will continue
to flower all year and what I ought to be feeding them. Also I have
seen yellow and blue geraniums on sale by a dutch company but only
available for delivery in UK. Anyone know if anyone delivers to Spain?

I've never seen a yellow or blue geranium, that would be novel!

Do a google search on "cranesbill" and you'll find heaps of them.

Old 27-07-2008, 11:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

"jayne" wrote in message

I am a resident of Spain, Cost Blanca, a very mild climate. I love
geraniums but am not sure how to prune them in this climate. Obviously
frost is not an issue. Does anyone know if my geraniums will continue
to flower all year and what I ought to be feeding them. Also I have
seen yellow and blue geraniums on sale by a dutch company but only
available for delivery in UK. Anyone know if anyone delivers to Spain?

I feed mine with tomato food, the sort that is dissolved in a watering can.
I prune mine in a couple of ways. After they flower I will sometimes cut
back to above a leaf axil if they are getting too long and sometimes I just
pinch the tip out of a stem.

Old 27-07-2008, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I am a resident of Spain, Cost Blanca, a very mild climate. I love
geraniums but am not sure how to prune them in this climate. Obviously
frost is not an issue. Does anyone know if my geraniums will continue
to flower all year and what I ought to be feeding them. Also I have
seen yellow and blue geraniums on sale by a dutch company but only
available for delivery in UK. Anyone know if anyone delivers to Spain?

Keep deadheading and you will get more blooms. A blooming fertilizer
applied according to directions will help keep them blooming. You
may have to buy seeds to get unusual colors.
Old 27-07-2008, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I am a resident of Spain, Cost Blanca, a very mild climate. I love
geraniums but am not sure how to prune them in this climate. Obviously
frost is not an issue. Does anyone know if my geraniums will continue
to flower all year and what I ought to be feeding them. Also I have
seen yellow and blue geraniums on sale by a dutch company but only
available for delivery in UK. Anyone know if anyone delivers to Spain?

I've never seen a yellow or blue geranium, that would be novel!

Do a google search on "cranesbill" and you'll find heaps of them.

Actually did an image google on "yellow geranium" and saw a mess of
them, "cranesbill geranium" also shows a lot of different flowers, but
some look like the real thing, thanks. Of course they're purple, not
blue, as such, but it's purple-to-yellow that's supposed to be an easy
variation, so few flowers are actually blue.

J.

[IMG] code is On

geraniums in rocky soil Jessica Gardening 4 17-04-2003 05:44 PM
Geraniums Mitch Kosklin Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Pelargoniums/geraniums newby question Carol Kavanagh Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:32 AM
hardy geraniums - id and germination Victoria Clare United Kingdom 9 28-03-2003 07:44 PM
Help with Regal Geraniums [email protected] United Kingdom 1 02-03-2003 06:45 PM