Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered User

Default Jasmine won't flower

Hi all

We have a jasmine plant in the back garden in a relatively sunny spot but it hardly flowers.
Its been in for a couple of years now and is watered regularly. It gets a feed every couple of weeks but the most we get is 1 or 2 flowers at a time.

We live on the southcoast, so would have thought that it was warm enough.

Anyone any ideas what we're doing wrong or could do better?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

--
jollynolly

What sort of jasmine is it, do you have the species name? There are various
plants that are called jasmine.

Where are you and what is your climate? Unless you say what you are on the
south coast of we have no idea.

How many hours of sunlight per day does it get during winter and summer?

David

Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:19:46 +0100, jollynolly
wrote:

Hi all

We have a jasmine plant in the back garden in a relatively sunny spot
but it hardly flowers.
Its been in for a couple of years now and is watered regularly. It gets
a feed every couple of weeks but the most we get is 1 or 2 flowers at a
time.

We live on the southcoast, so would have thought that it was warm
enough.

Anyone any ideas what we're doing wrong or could do better?

I have winter jasmine. It had been struggling along until I mulched
it--no additional fertilizer and lots of new growth. I won't know
until January if it will bloom for the first time, unless the deer eat
it to the ground like they did last winter.