Old 02-04-2009, 01:27 AM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

Default Which food can I grow in my own garden?

I'm afraid that the financial crisis will get worse and that
food will become very expensive.

Because of that, I want to grow my own food.

Which food-plants can I grow in an ordinary garden?

I assume potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and so on?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 AM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

Jasper Tiler wrote:
I'm afraid that the financial crisis will get worse and that
food will become very expensive.

Because of that, I want to grow my own food.

Which food-plants can I grow in an ordinary garden?

I assume potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and so on?

It depends on your climate, soil, available space, season and water at
least. Tell us something about your situation or no advice will be specific
enough to be useful.

David

Old 02-04-2009, 03:30 PM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens
Nan Nan is offline

On Apr 1, 10:25*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Jasper Tiler wrote:
I'm afraid that the financial crisis will get worse and that
food will become very expensive.

Because of that, I want to grow my own food.

Which food-plants can I grow in an ordinary garden?

I assume potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and so on?

It depends on your climate, soil, available space, season and water at
least. *Tell us something about your situation or no advice will be specific
enough to be useful.

David

Just tell us where you are. I'm betting you can grow lots of stuff. We
in DE grow tomatoes, peppers, zuchini & yellow squash, sugar snap
peas, green & lima beans, melons, spuds, lettuce, spinach, rasberries,
blueberries,.....is that enough? hope this was some help.
Nan in DE