Old 22-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Registered User

Default Plant identification help

Hi All,

I'm looknig for some help with identifying an enormous weed/plant that grow at the bottom of my garden in thick soil under 24 hour shade of a camelia tree.

I moved in to my new flat last August when the weed was in full bloom. Large pink 'tissue paper' flowers on the end of large stalks that 'wafted' (i.e not as rigid as a sunflower stalk). It was bout 6-7ft high, and had large non shiny leaves. It covered about 1m2. I pulled most of it up and covered the ground with a groundsheet as I wanted to use the rest of the ground for veggie growing this year.

The stuff I left behind (up against a fence so useful screening) died down to nothing. Now it's started to grow again where I left it, very large green leaves (larger than a hand) at this stage and it's only about 1/2ft high so far. the leaves kind of remind me of a hand shape.

Any ideas please?

Much appreciated.