Old 24-04-2009, 12:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Moving a Jacob's ladder and an Amsonia (Blue Star)

Ok - I finally got a Jacob's Ladder to over winter. Guess what, it was under
the shade provided by the pine I lost and one of the big branches that came
down.

So - any hints for moving it. I'm going to amend the heck out under my
spruce (was bought as a dwarf, now 15 feet tall) and put it there. Just the
common sense - take as much of the root ball as possible and keep watered?
Any other hints.

Now the Blue Star
I think this is going to need more sun - the bed it is in is slowly getting
shadier and the woods behind me recovers from the over zealous developer
that did the neighbor's house. (BTW, this is a good thing in my book).
I've never tried to move one of these before - any hints. (couldn't find
much on google)
-------

I'll be expanding the shade bed under this spruce over the next summer. I
might take one or two more branches off the bottom and/or shape it a little
more. And I found out the dogwood I thought had died is still alive. So I'm
going to try and move it back out "front" were it can be seen.

Cheryl