Old 14-05-2009, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pulled plants

Unless my long term is getting close to my short term I do not recall
the concept of pulled plants be bandied about here. 20 years ago I
could go to a local farmer not a nursery center or a big box place and
purchase a dozen tomatoes or sweet potatoes, onions etc. These were
heavily sowed in about 1 yard square and were planted thick. Never asked
for more than a dozen as the dozen was grabbed by hand as the soil was
loose and when it came to planting the count was more like a 30 count.
While there it was a time for conversation and perhaps buying one of
the wife's orchids. When crops were in it was a produce provider. Some
old navy guy with a German war bride.

Bill who also remembers the Russian Egg man and his large wife. Buy 2
dozen eggs and have a slice of cake maybe a shot of vodka too. This
less than a mile away. These folks had two sons that became MD's.

Bill musing

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

[IMG] code is On

What pulled up my herbs? Laura J Edible Gardening 19 14-06-2005 05:01 PM
Does a seed immediately stop maturing when the plant is pulled? McPop Plant Science 4 02-06-2004 04:09 AM
pulled back muscle Grace Gardening 15 29-03-2003 05:08 AM
pulled back muscle Grace Edible Gardening 11 28-03-2003 03:32 PM
Re(2): pulled back muscle Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 27-03-2003 06:44 AM