Old 26-06-2009, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default A hard time with moss & rocks

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article
,
Nanzi wrote:

On Jun 25, 5:03 pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,

"brooklyn1" wrote:
"Terry Coker" wrote in
message

Hi all, while most people are trying to keep moss out of there
garden,
I'm trying to encourage it. I am haveing difficulty with getting
moss
to grow specifically on rocks. Does anyone have any suggestions
on
how
to get moss growing on rocks successfully.

Moss doesn't typically grow on rocks, lichens typically grow on
rocks.
Moss
grows on soil between rocks and on various organic materials, like
tree
bark
and decaying wood. Lichens grow on a mineral based substance
(rocks),
and
like dry and full sun. Moss likes wet and shade. One can get moss
grow
in rocks if first they attach some sort of organic, but the moss
still
will
not be growing directly on the rocks and once the organic material
is
depleted, which won't be very long, the moss will die.

Uh, now I'm all confused. Could some one identify the moss like
plant growing on the rocks, and the lichen kinda stuff growing on
the branch in the folder "Garden" at http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
Hmmm?
Bwhahahaha
--

- Billy

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The
few
who
learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric
fence
and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://green-house.tv/video/the-spri.../www.tomdispat
ch.
com
/p/zinn

I had heard to mix the moss you want with Peanut Butter and Milk and
spread on the rocks. This was in a Japanese gardening article.

I mentioned powder milk earlier and thought the spores would find
away. But taking moss and blending it with milk faster should work the
peanut butter is sort of a spreader sticker. I have moss growing on my
concrete pond wall after much time. Years. Now I try to keep it off
my
roof and brick patio.

http://imgur.com/9gq6p.jpg Quite a contrast!

That patio appears to be indoors, partially indoors, or at least well
shaded, so mosses can be made to grow rather easily. But if you have
moss
growing on your roof (you don't display that picture) it could be
indicative
of a serverely damaged roof, with lots of well rotted wood under the
mossy
areas... have that checked out right away, before it suddenly collapses
and
kills people... I see what appears to be a lot of people in your moss
picture... If they are gathering under your mossy roof they could own
you... and now that you've apprised the world that you know of this
condition your insurance won't help you. But I don't believe that's a
picture of your home patio, it's too well orchestrated and cropped, looks
like a commercial establishment with very professional landscaping
(restaurant/caterer, golf course lodge), looks lifted off the net or a
picture of an affair you attended... anyone owns a home with such a patio
isn't going to have moss growing on their roof. Have you a few more
from a different perspective and a much wider angle, and without the
people
in formal dress... should be able to post those in like ten minutes if
that's your home. Bill who putters, eh... that sure looks like a golf
course patio to me... the 19th hole. LOL According to the Properties
that
image was lifted today. I can lift similar pictures from the web sites
of
the golf coures I frequent.

You seem to have difficulties with the English medium.

Why, did I make any typos?

You seem to have difficulties with ethics.

Where, oh great anal sphincter, did Bill Who Putters claim ownership?
Do you not understand, oh great anal sphincter, that the picture
represents what can be done with moss, peanut butter or yogurt, aside?
Maybe, oh great anal sphincter, you should go back to cutting and
pasting from About.com. It is better suited to you, oh great anal
sphincter. Foul language, dirty ideas, clueless observations, and
groundless accusations really aren't needed in any of the newsgroups.
So, guess you know where you can go, and what you can do.
--

- Billy

http://green-house.tv/video/the-spring-garden-tour
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn
Old 27-06-2009, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Billy Stinks was: A hard time with moss & rocks

"Slithering Billy" hisses:
Of course it's not his house, you waste of space.

Only the unethical would post a picture of a patio directly following
talking about their own mossy roof and patio with no other identifying
explanation... so if you are going to support that aberrant behavior that
makes you a smarmy know nothing waste of protoplasm. But I already knew
that you were never to be trusted, Slithering Billy, who never sows any
seeds other than those of hate and discontent, and canned beans down his maw
because all he produces here is a malodius miasma... Billy, you stink. And
were it in error the poster should have been a man and apologized with
pictures of his own moss rather than alibi.

Old 27-06-2009, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Slithering Billy" hisses:
Of course it's not his house, you waste of space.

Only the unethical would post a picture of a patio directly following
talking about their own mossy roof and patio with no other identifying
explanation... so if you are going to support that aberrant behavior that
makes you a smarmy know nothing waste of protoplasm. But I already knew
that you were never to be trusted, Slithering Billy, who never sows any
seeds other than those of hate and discontent, and canned beans down his maw
because all he produces here is a malodius miasma... Billy, you stink. And
were it in error the poster should have been a man and apologized with
pictures of his own moss rather than alibi.

Strange

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives
Old 27-06-2009, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

a man

Funny coming from someone who has never been stand-up.

So tell me, now that we are talking about men, what is wrong with the
name Christian?

From: Sheldon
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: I would like some feedback..
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT)

Christian wrote:
I own a business "Professional Pond Maintenance and Fish Care".

That's your first untruth... you *operate* a business.... you don't
own a business until your IRS return doesn't show you're operating at
a loss.

I'm not here to promote my business.

That's your second untruth.

I'm wanting to get any and all feedback, positive or negative,
on a website I designed recently to go with it. I advertise locally
and direct folks to my site for more information.

Here is the link:http://allyoudoisfeedthefish.net/index.html

What do you think of the basic design?
Can you read it easily?
Ads or no ads?

I'm thinking people here are close to my target audience, being that
garden lovers usually like ponds even if they don't personally have
one.

Thank You,
Christian

Your parents must have had high hopes for you to succeed in the
arts... you're not going to do well in business unless you change your
name.
--

- Billy

Old 27-06-2009, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Slithering Billy" hisses:
Of course it's not his house, you waste of space.

Only the unethical would post a picture of a patio directly following
talking about their own mossy roof and patio with no other identifying
explanation... so if you are going to support that aberrant behavior that
makes you a smarmy know nothing waste of protoplasm. But I already knew
that you were never to be trusted, Slithering Billy, who never sows any
seeds other than those of hate and discontent, and canned beans down his
maw
because all he produces here is a malodius miasma... Billy, you stink. And
were it in error the poster should have been a man and apologized with
pictures of his own moss rather than alibi.

Strange

He ssssssscertainly is ;O)
--

- Billy