Old 29-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered User

Thumbs down Gardena watering spares

Hi,

I use a drip watering system for my tomatoes etc when I go on holiday and I use some Gardena fittings. After just 2 years of occasional use I find the tiny thin 'O' rings are perished. One is on the expensive pressure reducer. These are smaller than the standard 9mm rings on water fittings. I cannot find these anywhere so I mailed gardena. They have finally replied saying they do not supply these as spares but if I wish I can buy a new fitting complete cheaper via their internet system. Has anyone found this? I shall not be reccomending Gardena anymore.
Cheers,
Dave
Old 29-07-2009, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardena watering spares

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:57:00 +0100, Squeezy
wrote:

Hi,

I use a drip watering system for my tomatoes etc when I go on holiday
and I use some Gardena fittings. After just 2 years of occasional use
I find the tiny thin 'O' rings are perished. One is on the expensive
pressure reducer. These are smaller than the standard 9mm rings on
water fittings. I cannot find these anywhere so I mailed gardena.
They have finally replied saying they do not supply these as spares but
if I wish I can buy a new fitting complete cheaper via their internet
system. Has anyone found this? I shall not be reccomending Gardena
anymore.
Cheers,
Dave

My local hardware store has a selection of O rings along with their
bolts, nuts, and other odd hardware. Yours might as well.
Old 30-07-2009, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I use a drip watering system for my tomatoes etc when I go on holiday
and I use some Gardena fittings. After just 2 years of occasional use
I find the tiny thin 'O' rings are perished. One is on the expensive
pressure reducer. These are smaller than the standard 9mm rings on
water fittings. I cannot find these anywhere so I mailed gardena.
They have finally replied saying they do not supply these as spares but
if I wish I can buy a new fitting complete cheaper via their internet
system. Has anyone found this? I shall not be reccomending Gardena
anymore.

Measure carefully the cross section diameter and the circular diameter
of the O ring and google for what you need. Be prepared to look
through lots of charts.

Regards,

Hal
Old 30-07-2009, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I use a drip watering system for my tomatoes etc when I go on holiday
and I use some Gardena fittings. After just 2 years of occasional use I
find the tiny thin 'O' rings are perished.

Measure carefully the cross section diameter and the circular diameter
of the O ring and google for what you need. Be prepared to look through
lots of charts.

Regards,

Hal

Keep in mind that O rings change diameter and thickness as they wear out.
I would suggest bringing your parts and o-ring to your local plumbing
supplier. O-rings come in standard sizes, and are common.