Old 20-06-2013, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardena spares

Was spraying friend's garden weeds the other day. top of sprayer head
got blocked so took it off to clear it, then forgot where I had put it!!
Very annoying as i cannot for the life of me find anyone that does
spares for a Gardenea 5l sprayer must be about 6 years old and has the
slim black little end with a tiny hole in - not the fat plastic ones as
per Hozelock.

had to fork out for whole new sprayer!! Really really annoying, even
prepared to pay for complete handle kit but no, no one seems to do them.

SIGH

Anyone any ideas. seems ridiculous that i have to chuck the whole thing
but useless without the controlling little end.

New Hozelock sprayer has a weird construction for the handle, the
flat piece which I would keep think went on the top, seems to go on the
bottom when holding the push button. Says 7litres, only fill 5. What's
that all about?
Amersham
Old 20-06-2013, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:30:11 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

[...]

Don't know if they go that "small" but try
http://www.buyspares.co.uk/gardena-s...0parts&match=e

--
Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 21-06-2013, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/06/2013 16:30, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Was spraying friend's garden weeds the other day. top of sprayer head
got blocked so took it off to clear it, then forgot where I had put it!!
Very annoying as i cannot for the life of me find anyone that does
spares for a Gardenea 5l sprayer must be about 6 years old and has the
slim black little end with a tiny hole in - not the fat plastic ones as
per Hozelock.

had to fork out for whole new sprayer!! Really really annoying, even
prepared to pay for complete handle kit but no, no one seems to do them.

SIGH

Anyone any ideas. seems ridiculous that i have to chuck the whole thing
but useless without the controlling little end.

Worth having a look on eBay you might find the right bits on offer there.

New Hozelock sprayer has a weird construction for the handle, the
flat piece which I would keep think went on the top, seems to go on the
bottom when holding the push button. Says 7litres, only fill 5. What's
that all about?
Amersham

Who knows.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 21-06-2013, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-06-20 16:30:11 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

[...]

Whatever you do, don't throw it away. As sure as fate, you'll find the
spray head as soon as you do! I've done that with gloves and once with
an earring. Never again - though I do have a slightly odd collection of
singletons!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 21-06-2013, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-06-20 16:30:11 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

Was spraying friend's garden weeds the other day. top of sprayer head got
blocked so took it off to clear it, then forgot where I had put it!! Very
annoying as i cannot for the life of me find anyone that does spares for
a Gardenea 5l sprayer must be about 6 years old and has the slim black
little end with a tiny hole in - not the fat plastic ones as per
Hozelock.

had to fork out for whole new sprayer!! Really really annoying, even
prepared to pay for complete handle kit but no, no one seems to do them.

SIGH

You can buy a whole Silverline lance for £3.80 from eBay see item
370713143909. I fitted one to my old unknown brand sprayer a couple of years
ago. It fits the pipe with a compression fitting.

Mike

Old 21-06-2013, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/06/2013 08:31, Martin Brown wrote:
Who knows.

they say on the box that alhtough the thing can contain 7l it has to
only be filled to 5l for health and safety so why not sell it as 5l?

must be a man thing.

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 21-06-2013, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/06/2013 11:28, Muddymike wrote:
You can buy a whole Silverline lance for £3.80 from eBay see item
370713143909. I fitted one to my old unknown brand sprayer a couple of
years ago. It fits the pipe with a compression fitting.

hmmm as many items meant to spray also leak even when new and run down
my arm I need to make sure it's a tight fit,

--
Janet T.
Amersham