Old 23-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Erin & Steve

Default OT-Robins!

My husband and I have been observing a FLOCK of robins eating spent berries
on our mountain ash and enjoying something in my flower bed all morning!
I have never seen more then 2 robins at once, but there are at least 10
here. They are joined intermittently by a handful of nuthatches and two male
cardinals.
Spring is almost here!

Erin, z. 6a outside Boston

Old 23-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Dave Fouchey

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:56:04 GMT, Erin & Steve
wrote:

My husband and I have been observing a FLOCK of robins eating spent berries
on our mountain ash and enjoying something in my flower bed all morning!
I have never seen more then 2 robins at once, but there are at least 10
here. They are joined intermittently by a handful of nuthatches and two male
cardinals.
Spring is almost here!

Erin, z. 6a outside Boston

Hmm Erin I might differ with you on Spring almost being here, as I sit
with a cup of cocoa after snow blowing the 2 feet of snow we got
overnight...;-)

Dave Zone 5 Southeastern Lower Michigan
Old 25-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Scheffler

Erin & Steve wrote in message ...
My husband and I have been observing a FLOCK of robins eating spent berries
on our mountain ash and enjoying something in my flower bed all morning!
I have never seen more then 2 robins at once, but there are at least 10
here. They are joined intermittently by a handful of nuthatches and two male
cardinals.
Spring is almost here!

Erin, z. 6a outside Boston

Hi Erin,
Usually the robins just pass through here (central Alabama), but this
year they wintered over by the thousands, eating every kind of berry
they could find. Almost all left here about 10-14 days ago heading
north, so they are probably just getting to your place. Glad they
made the trip ok.
Bob
Old 25-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Erin & Steve

No wonder I detected a southern accent ;-)

I haven't seen a one since- probably because the temps have dipped again
close to zero... sigh...

Old 28-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Erin & Steve

Well, they haven't been back since... just a stray junco or two.
We still have a couple feet of the white stuff (mostly ice now).