Old 30-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered User

Default Screening a circular over looked garden

We are moving to a new house in a few weeks and I would love some help and ideas on how to tackle it's rather large drab garden.

It is a corner circular plot laid only to lawn - not one plant!. It has a 3 foot wall all around it - but being on a hill it means that the whole of the garden is completely over looked.

What can i grow or put up to give us some privacy. I would ideally like a fence/ trellis around- so i can grow climbers or something. Can you fence a circular wall?

Help please
Old 31-08-2009, 04:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

laurajames wrote:
We are moving to a new house in a few weeks and I would love some help
and ideas on how to tackle it's rather large drab garden.

It is a corner circular plot laid only to lawn - not one plant!. It
has a 3 foot wall all around it - but being on a hill it means that
the whole of the garden is completely over looked.

It is exposed and visible all round from below, is that right? Maybe that
is uplooked? My first reaction is that wind may be a problem. My second is
that the more visible an area the more careful the treatment should be. A
quick fix could turn out an eyesore.

What can i grow or put up to give us some privacy. I would ideally
like a fence/ trellis around- so i can grow climbers or something.
Can you fence a circular wall?

You can fence almost anything with the right materials, it is a matter of
cost and ingenuity.

I cannot make specific suggestions as I don't know where you are and what
grows there or what the property looks like. I would recommend studying the
whole garden - not just this problem area. Get some books on landscaping
from the local library and consider your options for a while. This
consideration covers many factors but includes the plants that will grow in
your area, the use you want to make of the property, your budget, your taste
or style and how much work you want to do. Also ask neighbours and consult
public records about rainfall, prevailing winds, soil character etc. Then
spend some time talking over the options and don't be afraid to modify your
plan as your understanding develops.

David

[IMG] code is On

So easily over looked David Hill United Kingdom 9 17-04-2014 03:01 PM
Circular Donuts on lawn Steve Lawns 8 24-07-2004 05:03 PM
Oriana 2 circular stats - now released Warren Kovach Plant Science 0 07-01-2004 02:45 PM
Oriana 2 circular stats - beta test Warren Kovach Plant Science 0 07-10-2003 02:03 PM
ISFA 2nd Circular Bruno Granier \(Wanadoo\) Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:30 PM