Old 24-02-2003, 01:15 AM
TOM KAN PA

Default Planting Starfire Lily

Got the wife a Starfire Lily plant. I was told when it's done blooming I can
plant it in the garden and it will bloom again this summer.
So, what's the procedure? The lily is currently sitting on a dining room table
in Allison Park, PA, zone 5-6.

Old 24-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Cereoid+10+

First of all you must do the fertility dance during a full moon on your
front lawn buck naked! Be sure to yell as loud as possible so that you will
wake all your neighbors.

Second, you must swing a dead cat by its tail over your head exactly 41
times, no more no less.

Third, you plant the bulbs in soil while hopping on your left foot and
reciting the secret chant "Ohm Bwana Nas Siam!".

ROTFLMAO!!!

Old 24-02-2003, 08:29 PM
TOM KAN PA

Subject: Planting Starfire Lily
From: "Cereoid+10+"
ROTFLMAO!!!
____Reply Separator_____
He laughs at his own jokes!

Old 24-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Valkyrie

I don't know how the climatic conditions are in Pa but I can tell you what I
have done with my lilies and had success with both Starfire and good old
grocery store white Easter lilies. I carefully clip off the "yellow pollen
beads" as soon as the flower opens and this seems to make them last longer,
as the blossom starts to wither I clip that off, when the blossoms are gone
I just tuck it into a back room until it dies all the way down and then I
take I take it out to the garden, tip the pot and slide that whole hunk of
soil with the bulb and put it in a hole in the garden about half again as
deep as the pot. Probably by the time this lily has dried back you'll be
able to work in your garden. Most all of mine bloomed the following year and
the others two years later. Since I no longer have a large garden and only
have my balcony I tried replanting into some of the large pots I have and
they rebloomed. I'm sure there are more ways you can keep these but that was
my method and it worked for me. I don't know if those lily bulbs are hardy
enough in your part of the country, you might want to check on that.

Good Luck,
Val

From: "Cereoid+10+"
ROTFLMAO!!!
____Reply Separator_____
He laughs at his own jokes!

From: "Cereoid+10+"
ROTFLMAO!!!
____Reply Separator_____
He laughs at his own jokes!

Old 25-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Cereoid+10+

Shooting back is not a problem but BJ is just a meddling nuisance that has
noting worthwhile or relevant to say. If he actually was competent enough to
actually answer the questions then one might give his whining some
consideration. Otherwise he is just a poor excuse of a wannabe.

Maybe if there were BJ lilies, he might know what to do?

From: "B & J"
Kill file him, if he really bothers you.
____Reply Separator_____
Nah, he really doesn't bother me. I've had civil posts with him. sometimes

you
feel obligated when "shot" at to return fire.

[IMG] code is On

50 FREE CUPHEA 'STARFIRE' Gardening 0 21-08-2003 04:32 PM
Not a lily ( What to do with lily question) Cereoid+10+ Gardening 12 10-03-2003 10:44 AM
Not a lily at all ( What to do with lily question) Cereoid+10+ Gardening 0 28-02-2003 05:51 PM
Planting Starfire Lily (= Haemanthus) Cereoid+10+ Gardening 3 27-02-2003 03:51 AM
BJ from BJ (was: Planting Starfire Lily (= Haemanthus)) Cereoid+10+ Gardening 0 26-02-2003 02:27 PM