Old 25-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Planting Starfire Lily (= Haemanthus)

Instead of being such a whiny cry-baby pants-load, BJ, why don't you just
answer his stupid question? Once again you show yourself to be a lazy and
stupid numskull. Still waiting for something "worthwhile" to come from you,
dork.

Damn right there is a solution. First of all the so-called "Starfire Lily"
isn't a lily at all. It's Haemanthus, a genus in the Amaryllidaceae (not in
the Liliaceae and definitely not a Lilium). Once again the use of "common
names" has proven worthless and the source of confusion. A google search
would have quickly turned up info on your plant. Even a beginners book on
bulbs would have the answer. There are no arcane procedures required for
planting bulbs. (Unless you really want some!!!)

http://www.robertasinc.com/star.html

Do your own google search next time, you ungrateful spoiled brat.

B & J wrote in message
Subject: Planting Starfire Lily
From: "Cereoid+10+"
ROTFLMAO!!!
____Reply Separator_____
He laughs at his own jokes!

Of course, he does, Tom. It's a "cute" thing with "what's his name."

(Check
"cute" for derivation.) Occasionally he comes through with something
worthwhile, but most of "what's his name" posts is geared toward

bolstering
his ego by denigrating others. He gets his jollies that way.) Kill file
him, if he really bothers you. You won't miss much if you don't raise
succulents.

BTW, the following post has a solution.

John

Old 26-02-2003, 05:27 AM
B & J

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message
Instead of being such a whiny cry-baby pants-load, BJ, why don't you just
answer his stupid question? Once again you show yourself to be a lazy and
stupid numskull. Still waiting for something "worthwhile" to come from

you,
dork.

Same old! Same old! I noticed that you attacked before answering the posed
question. Why didn't YOU answer the question in your initial post? Is your
ego so fragile that it feeds on belittling other? Your initial reply
certainly wasn't amusing and didn't contribute anything "worthwhile."

John

Old 27-02-2003, 03:51 AM
TOM KAN PA

BJ, you concluded an earlier reply of yours to my post, and I quote:
"BTW, the following post has a solution."
____Reply Separator_____
Yet you offered no solution!

Then in your last post, you replied:
Same old! Same old! I noticed that you attacked before answering the posed
question. Why didn't YOU answer the question in your initial post? Is your
ego so fragile that it feeds on belittling other? Your initial reply certainly
wasn't amusing and didn't contribute anything "worthwhile."
____Reply Separator_____
Once again, your reply was an attack that no answer was given. Perhaps you
should offer an answer before you flame others.

Old 27-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Cereoid+10+

Again the answer for Mr. Short-Term Memory:

Damn right there is a solution. First of all the so-called "Starfire Lily"
isn't a lily at all. It's Haemanthus, a genus in the Amaryllidaceae (not in
the Liliaceae and definitely not a Lilium). Once again the use of "common
names" has proven worthless and the source of confusion. A google search
would have quickly turned up info on your plant. Even a beginners book on
bulbs would have the answer. There are no arcane procedures required for
planting bulbs. (Unless you really want some!!!)

http://www.robertasinc.com/star.html
(use the link this time.)

Next time do a google search and save yourself time.
Do your homework and find the proper name of the plant.
You make anyone regret bothering with you at all.

TOM KAN PA wrote in message
BJ, you concluded an earlier reply of yours to my post, and I quote:
"BTW, the following post has a solution."
____Reply Separator_____
Yet you offered no solution!

Then in your last post, you replied:
Same old! Same old! I noticed that you attacked before answering the posed
question. Why didn't YOU answer the question in your initial post? Is your
ego so fragile that it feeds on belittling other? Your initial reply

certainly
wasn't amusing and didn't contribute anything "worthwhile."
____Reply Separator_____
Once again, your reply was an attack that no answer was given. Perhaps you
should offer an answer before you flame others.

[IMG] code is On

Haemanthus humilis Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 18-07-2010 03:15 AM
Haemanthus humilis Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 19-07-2007 09:33 PM
50 FREE CUPHEA 'STARFIRE' Gardening 0 21-08-2003 04:32 PM
BJ from BJ (was: Planting Starfire Lily (= Haemanthus)) Cereoid+10+ Gardening 0 26-02-2003 02:27 PM
Planting Starfire Lily TOM KAN PA Gardening 7 25-02-2003 03:27 PM