Old 31-12-2009, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT Party excuses tied to time light planet rotation nothing

Wondering if you gardeners have any excuses you would like to share.
Here is one for April 30 Valborgsmässoafton an excuse to celebrate with
fire etc.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Va...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Bill

Crab soup for Jan 1 family stuff we do often.

Crab and Asparagus Soup
With green onions and cilantro

Ingredients

2 Tbls. Peanut Oil
1/2 cup Shallots peeled and sliced
1 lb. Crab meat
4 cups Chicken stock
1 lb. Asparagus
2 eggs beaten
2 Tbls. Fish sauce
3 Tbls. Soy sauce

1 Tbls. Corn starch
I Tbls. Water
To taste white pepper

3 Tbls. Chopped Cilantro
3 Tbls. Chopped green onions ( Green Part only )
1 Cup pea sprouts

Method

1. Sweat the shallots in the oil over medium heat. Add the crab and
Asparagus sauté 2 minutes stir gently

2. Add chicken stock bring to a boil . Slowly pour in eggs while
stirring gently. Use a Crockpot pot.

3. Combine the corn starch and water in a small bowl and mix to make a
slurry. Pour into the boiling soup while stirring and cook five minutes.

4. Remove from heat and add the soy sauce, fish sauce and white pepper.

5. Ladle into warm deep bowls and garnish with Cilantro, green Onions,
Pea sprouts and tempura fried Asparagus spears. Serve immediately.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM deals with Sugars
Old 03-01-2010, 12:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Dec 31 2009, 4:23*pm, Bill who putters
wrote:
* Wondering if you gardeners have any excuses you would like to share. *
Here is one for April 30 Valborgsm ssoafton an excuse to celebrate *with
[...]

Asparagus saut 2 minutes stir gently

2. Add chicken stock bring to a boil . *Slowly pour in eggs while
stirring gently. *Use a Crockpot pot.

3. Combine the corn starch and water in a small bowl and mix to make a
slurry. *Pour into the boiling soup while stirring and cook five minutes.

4. Remove from heat and add the soy sauce, fish sauce and white pepper.

5. Ladle into warm deep bowls and garnish with Cilantro, green Onions,
Pea sprouts and tempura fried Asparagus spears. *Serve immediately.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM* *deals with Sugars

The Walpurgisnacht fires would help fill the void between one Guy
Fawkes Day and the next. I'll have to add that to my calendar of
special days. My wife and I generally celebrate Midsummer's Eve with a
bottle of my homemade elderberry wine and a fire, although not a
bonfire. I leave a small saucer of the wine under the elderberry bush
for the elves to ensure a good crop of berries. Not that I'm
superstitious or anything.

Paul
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Got a book that was discarded from the local high school.

"Festivals Of Western Europe" Spicer 1958

Library of Congress Catalog Card No 58-7291

Seems there can be a reason to celebrate just about every day ))

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM deals with Sugars
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??
Less light more shade world wide food implications