Old 20-02-2009, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Political Party

One to restore Common Sense. Take us back from the Nanny State we have
become.

Do we have a Leader?

To all my friends who were born in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while
they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos. They took aspirin,
ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna
from a can

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright
coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and
when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags..

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops,
McDonalds, KFC, Subway or Nandos.

Even though all the shops closed at 6.00pm and didn't open on the
weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE
actually died from this.

We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner
store and buy Toffees, Gobstoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up
frogs with.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks
with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because.......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we
were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.??

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then
ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree
houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo Wii, X-boxes, no video games at
all, no 999 channels on SKY, no video/DVD films, no mobile phones, no
personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms...........

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no
Lawsuits from these accidents.

Only girls had pierced ears! ?

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live
in us forever.

You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns at Easter time...

We were given air guns and catapults for our 10th birthdays,

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or
rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet!

RUGBY and CRICKET had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those
who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard
of.
They actually sided with the law!

Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and
'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla'

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO
DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And if YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as
kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own
good.

And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave
their parents were.

--
.................................................. ..............

Old 20-02-2009, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 20-02-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 20, 11:11*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave
their parents were.

I have. They don't believe a word of it!
Old 21-02-2009, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:11:02 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

To all my friends who were born in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !

There he goes again with the same old trolling. Put this phrase into
Google and you get 4600 hits.
The sad, vain old fool has nothing original to contribute. He just
copies something from another website and pastes it in here. And its
not even relevant to gardening.

Old 21-02-2009, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

To all my friends who were born in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !

There he goes again with the same old trolling. Put this phrase into
Google and you get 4600 hits.

If I put it in quotes I only get 7 hits. If I search in UK I only get three
hits, one of which is in Garden Banter which serves the buggers right.

Ah yes, I see it's a variation that crept in somewhere, If you put in

To all the kids who were born in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's

you get the same story but with 77,000 hits!

Enough of this responding to a troll, its a lovely day and I'm off
into the garden!

Old 21-02-2009, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 21, 1:28*pm, Martin wrote:

Enough of this responding to a troll, its a lovely day and I'm off
into the garden!

Spring has finally sprung in Zuid Holland too. Crocuses are in flower and the
sun is shining.

Beware of sunburn, Martin, with all this global warming about, this
could be the face of winters to come!
Old 21-02-2009, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Fuschia contains these words:
wrote:

To all my friends who were born in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !

There he goes again with the same old trolling. Put this phrase into
Google and you get 4600 hits.
The sad, vain old fool has nothing original to contribute. He just
copies something from another website and pastes it in here. And its
not even relevant to gardening.

Well, why respond and encourage him?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 21-02-2009, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 06:14:27 -0800 (PST), moghouse

wrote:
On Feb 21, 1:28*pm, Martin wrote:

Enough of this responding to a troll, its a lovely day and I'm off
into the garden!

Spring has finally sprung in Zuid Holland too. Crocuses are in
flower and the
sun is shining.

Beware of sunburn, Martin, with all this global warming about, this
could be the face of winters to come!

I was too quick. Sea fog rolled in off the sea.

Where else?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 21-02-2009, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fuschia" wrote in message

The sad, vain old fool has nothing original to contribute. He just
copies something from another website and pastes it in here. And its
not even relevant to gardening.

Sadly you're wrong, Mike is on topic. Happily it's a well known fact, that
overexposure to lead paint, can turn you into a ........ vegetable.

Old 22-02-2009, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:25:31 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

wrote:
The message
from Martin contains these words:

It didn't have to roll so far. We are six miles from the sea.

martin="pensive"

Nips outside to put finger in dyke

/martin

Always good to have a finger ready in your part of the world. )

Well, there's always someone the other side of the North Sea (used to be
German Ocean) to raise it to innit.

shelters from fusillade of tulip bulbs

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 22-02-2009, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nice rant. To prove your values to us, why not drink a bottle of vodka with
two bottles of asprin and inhale a large amount of asbestos dust?

Just because something didn't wipe out the entire population doesn't make it
safe, numbnuts.

Old 22-02-2009, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 22, 11:04*am, Martin wrote:

Nips outside to put finger in dyke

Always good to have a finger ready in your part of the world. )

I hear that in Norfolk now they are breeding the kids with an extra
finger, just in case. Being of Norfolk stock I may well have extra
digits but unfortunately we never got learned how to count.
Old 23-02-2009, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from moghouse contains these words:
On Feb 22, 11:04*am, Martin wrote:

Nips outside to put finger in dyke

Always good to have a finger ready in your part of the world. )

I hear that in Norfolk now they are breeding the kids with an extra
finger, just in case. Being of Norfolk stock I may well have extra
digits but unfortunately we never got learned how to count.

Well, those who can have to unforget not to count the webs.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig