Old 28-01-2010, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Companion Planting Cauliflower With Cantaloupes ???

I done a little research on the net and found onions to be a good
companion to cauliflower. I can't find much beyond that except to keep
cauliflower away from tomatoes. I was wondering how cauliflower would
work in the same bed as cantaloupes. Has anyone ever tried these two
together and if so, how did it work out ???

Rich

Old 02-02-2010, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 28, 8:14*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
I done a little research on the net and found onions to be a good
companion to cauliflower. *I can't find much beyond that except to keep
cauliflower away from tomatoes. *I was wondering how cauliflower would
work in the same bed as cantaloupes. *Has anyone ever tried these two
together and if so, *how did it work out ???

Rich *

THere's a great book (taken with a grain of salt, mind you, before I
get flamed, because I HAVE this book myself) called "Carrots like
Tomato's" good book. you might find it used through Amazon. worth the
few bucks it might cost you if you're really interested. IMO
maddie the madgardener gardening in zone 7b somewhere in West
Tennessee and this Spring in the New Faerie Holler
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
madgardener wrote:

On Jan 28, 8:14*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
I done a little research on the net and found onions to be a good
companion to cauliflower. *I can't find much beyond that except to keep
cauliflower away from tomatoes. *I was wondering how cauliflower would
work in the same bed as cantaloupes. *Has anyone ever tried these two
together and if so, *how did it work out ???

Rich *

THere's a great book (taken with a grain of salt, mind you, before I
get flamed, because I HAVE this book myself) called "Carrots like
Tomato's" good book. you might find it used through Amazon. worth the
few bucks it might cost you if you're really interested. IMO
maddie the madgardener gardening in zone 7b somewhere in West
Tennessee and this Spring in the New Faerie Holler

I'd reserve the flaming for the Carrots and Tomatoes which sound so far
away. But they will return. Seems impossible but spring is 6 weeks
away. 6F two nights ago.
I cheat and think of Mar 10 as spring but I go by smell and listen for
peppers.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...gpeeperprintou
t.shtml

Bill