Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-02-2010, 07:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Intensive Gardening Has My Interest

Intensive gardening seems to produce great crops with many added
advantages to single row planting. I'm going to give it a shot this
year. I'm going to use a 50'x3 1/2' bed and see what happens as far as
the results. I like the idea of NO wasted space! My garden will be
double dug in ground and very well amended with leaf mold, compost and
slow release organic fertilizer. A lot of veggies from a small area?
We shall see, only time will tell but it does sound like a good idea
with some very sound reasoning to support the benefits. NO, I'm not
going to lay out a grid and get into the square foot aspect of it. Not
quite that serious yet.....LOL But I do plan on intercroping to try and
make the best use of space, fertilizer and water in order to grow a lot
of veggies in a small space. Create a micro climate for the plants? I
hope so because nothing in nature grows in a straight row.

Rich