Old 28-04-2003, 09:32 PM
SugarChile

Default May Apples?

Nothing personal, Dave, but the problem with your suggestion is that "the
woods" all belong to someone. As a property owner, I would be upset if
someone came along and helped themselves to some of the plants growing on my
land. On the other hand, if they came to my door, introduced themselves,
explained their passion for gardening and asked for permission to dig a few
specimens, I might look upon it differently.

If the land in question is not private, but public parkland, there are bound
to be regulations against removing plants.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"DavesVideo" wrote in message
Does anyone here know of a place to purchase May Apple plants

(Podophyllum
peltatum)? This is a shade native plant. I live in SE Virginia,
The other alternative is to go out in the woods and dig some
up.

Dig them in the woods. They grow just about everywhere in VA. I dug a

few
years ago when I lived in northern VA, in a few years they were all over

the
shade area.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

[IMG] code is On

May Apples Ken Gardening 0 09-08-2008 03:39 PM
Post Your Three Favorite Plants - I Make Up Facts That May or May Not Have MLEBLANCA Gardening 13 17-01-2004 07:13 PM
Post Your Three Favorite Plants - I Make Up Facts That May or May Not Have Any Relevance Whatsoever Salty Thumb Gardening 2 11-01-2004 01:13 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 27 May 2003 to 28 May 2003 (#2003-149) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 29-05-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 15 May 2003 to 16 May 2003 (#2003-137) Jim Stone Bonsai 1 18-05-2003 08:08 PM