Old 14-03-2010, 03:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Human Urine As A Source Of Nitrogen

Lelandite wrote:
Lelandite wrote:
If it's ecoli you're looking for, you'll get that aplenty by using
human urine as a fertilizer. Plus a few other fun things that
will make you run to the doctor.

It may work in helping plants grow, and if you're not going to
eat any of the product....go for it.

But to eat? nononononono

Donna
in WA

This is misleading. You are confusing using urine with the problems
of using faeces as a manure. Unless properly treated the latter is
a fine source of E Coli and a few more besides and a substantial
risk to health. As it passes out of the body (unless you have a urinary
tract
infection) urine is sterile. It might possibly pick up some bugs
from your skin or the outermost reaches of the urethra but the count
would be low and you are living with all that flora on you anyway. Your
whole body, especially between knees and waist, is covered with
such. If urine is then promptly applied to your soil the risk is
minuscule, no more than background from working in the garden
environment. David

Well, if you want to pee on your plants and then eat them, go for it.
It would be kind, however, to let the neighbors know when it comes
time for a picnic.

I was talking about applying it to soil. I was not talking about ****ing on
the picnic.

Any idea how many get ecoli from eating lettuce?

Yes, many. It comes from poor food preparation practices such as dirty
hands and washing lettuce in unlean water. E Coli lives in your lower gut
not in your urinary tract. Dirty lettuce has nothing to do with puting urine
on your soil. I was not suggesting that one should pee on lettuce, if
nothing else it smells bad.

You seem to be having that eeewwww reaction that comes from your emotion not
your understanding.

David

Old 14-03-2010, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

I think I'll just **** in my compost tumbler instead! It may act as a
compost starter with all that nitrogen.......hehehehe! May work better
than adding a can of beer. Perhaps I'll drink the can of beer and then
**** in the tumbler, that sounds like a game plan to me

Rich

Old 14-03-2010, 08:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Lelandite" wrote in message

Any idea how many get ecoli from eating lettuce?

The US has had quite a few problems with E coli on lettuce and Spinach and
I'm sure from reading up on the issue after these outbreaks occurred, it was
found to be as a result of from contamination with faecal matter. I do know
that the spinach problem was from water contaminated with faeces and I seem
to recall that it was from a farm next door that had dairy cows. I do
recall that urine was not the culprit.

Old 14-03-2010, 01:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:32:03 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "FarmI" ask@itshall be given contains these words:

"Lelandite" wrote in message

Any idea how many get ecoli from eating lettuce?

The US has had quite a few problems with E coli on lettuce and Spinach and
I'm sure from reading up on the issue after these outbreaks occurred,
it was
found to be as a result of from contamination with faecal matter. I
do know
that the spinach problem was from water contaminated with faeces and I seem
to recall that it was from a farm next door that had dairy cows. I do
recall that urine was not the culprit.

Plenty of people contaminate their own home made raw food with ecoli
from their own unwashed hands, which
were contaminated with ecoli from their own pets or poor bathroom hygiene.

Janet

You hit the nail on the head. I get disgusted every time I use a
public toilet. Most men do not wash their hands. Well, maybe not,
but you'd be surprised how many of those are well-dressed in business
suits. Another reason I do not eat in restaurants.
Old 14-03-2010, 01:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

I think I'll just **** in my compost tumbler instead! It may act as a
compost starter with all that nitrogen.......hehehehe! May work better
than adding a can of beer. Perhaps I'll drink the can of beer and then
**** in the tumbler, that sounds like a game plan to me

Rich

Ahhhh, yes! If it's beer we're talking about to things a growing,
well, that changes the whole topic.

**** is a waste product of the body....kinda like to much of a
good thing. Having grown up on a farm, I have yet to see an
animal drink another's pee. But hay, (pun intended) go for it
and do report back.

Donna
in A

Old 14-03-2010, 01:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Lelandite" wrote in message

Any idea how many get ecoli from eating lettuce?

The US has had quite a few problems with E coli on lettuce and Spinach and
I'm sure from reading up on the issue after these outbreaks occurred,
it was
found to be as a result of from contamination with faecal matter. I
do know
that the spinach problem was from water contaminated with faeces and I seem
to recall that it was from a farm next door that had dairy cows. I do
recall that urine was not the culprit.

Plenty of people contaminate their own home made raw food with ecoli
from their own unwashed hands, which
were contaminated with ecoli from their own pets or poor bathroom hygiene.

Janet

So true, Janet. And it seems no matter how many times one is
told to cook thoroughly, people still don't. What's with that? Are we dumb,
stupid or just plain lazy? Ecoli from poor
bathroom hygiene? I agree.

Have you watched what goes on in the kitchen when
you eat out? Believe me, you don't want to go there! It's a big
OMG trip and will make a believer out of you of home cookin.

Donna
in WA

Old 14-03-2010, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Lelandite" wrote in message

[...]

Brought back an idea that is about 40 years old with no basis or
reason for authenticating.

Seems the French wash their hands before urinating and the English
after. Different hygiene world view if it is true. Sort of goes with
the French Paradox on dining and health.

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
http://www.globalissues.org/article/75/world-military-spending

Old 14-03-2010, 02:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

"Lelandite" wrote in message

[...]

Forgot to mention that the word Bidet is French.

Neat book if you can find it URL below. Check the review.

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Lay-Down-E...7169/ref=sr_1_
1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268578225&sr=1-1

Old 14-03-2010, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from Bill who putters contains these words:

Seems the French wash their hands before urinating

No , they wash after.

Forgot to mention that the word Bidet is French.

I hope you didn't use it for washing your hands.

Janet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7-EeoCVf8

Old 15-03-2010, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Lelandite" wrote:

I think I'll just **** in my compost tumbler instead! It may act as a
compost starter with all that nitrogen.......hehehehe! May work better
than adding a can of beer. Perhaps I'll drink the can of beer and then
**** in the tumbler, that sounds like a game plan to me

Rich

Ahhhh, yes! If it's beer we're talking about to things a growing,
well, that changes the whole topic.

**** is a waste product of the body....kinda like to much of a
good thing. Having grown up on a farm, I have yet to see an
animal drink another's pee. But hay, (pun intended) go for it
and do report back.

Donna
in A

Kinda hate to tell you, but you are breathing plant waste products right
now: O2, and they breath our's: CO2.

Old 15-03-2010, 01:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Lelandite" wrote:

I think I'll just **** in my compost tumbler instead! It may act as a
compost starter with all that nitrogen.......hehehehe! May work better
than adding a can of beer. Perhaps I'll drink the can of beer and then
**** in the tumbler, that sounds like a game plan to me

Rich

Ahhhh, yes! If it's beer we're talking about to things a growing,
well, that changes the whole topic.

**** is a waste product of the body....kinda like to much of a
good thing. Having grown up on a farm, I have yet to see an
animal drink another's pee. But hay, (pun intended) go for it
and do report back.

Donna
in A

Kinda hate to tell you, but you are breathing plant waste products right
now: O2, and they breath our's: CO2.

I'm not sure but I think I learned that small fact of life in the 2nd maybe
3rd grade. I would take issue about the by-products being waste.

But this topic has me all pedered out so I'm call it a day.

Donna
in WA

Old 15-03-2010, 01:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Lelandite" contains these words:

Have you watched what goes on in the kitchen when
you eat out? Believe me, you don't want to go there!

Where I spot warning signs of poor hygeine standards (usually
plenty of clues visible outside the kitchen) I *don't * go there.
I've worked in commercial kitchens and food prep and have many
friends in that business. Some set a high standard which puts many
home cooks to shame,
and I'm perfectly happy to eat from them.

It's a big OMG trip and will make a believer out of you of home cookin.

I see many hygiene slips which make me cringe, in peoples' home
kitchens and bathrooms.

Janet

Sorry if I offended you, Janet. It's the fast food places that I was
referring to and I should have made that point clear. And (while this
is off point) that's where the low income people usually eat and why
they're the ones hit first with ecoli etc. (being PC; can we even say
the word "poor"?)

Anyway, glad to learn from one who has been there done that so
thanks for the info, Janet.

Donna
inWA

Old 17-03-2010, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Sorry, but there are deer ..where, Himalayas maybe?...that drink each
other's pee. And I mean as they're urinating. That is because of the
hallucinogenic effects of a mushroom they sometimes eat called Amanita
muscaria. When processed through the kidneys all the 'bad' stuff is gone.
Assuming you don't count the pee.