Old 15-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Registered User

Default how to fix my garden

hi, first off i know nothing about gardens, i live in a rented house and pay the land lady to do the garden etc, i am moving out so now have to fix the grass, basically teh problem i have is that my male dog has weed on the grass and it is starting to go bare, how do i fix this and also he dug a hoel that was filled with compost how do i get grass to grow here, is it hyst a case of putting seeds down and lawn and feed?

see pics

cheers

darren
Attached Thumbnails
how to fix my garden-grass.jpg   how to fix my garden-grass-1-.jpg
Old 17-06-2010, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:02:09 +0000, darren clarke
wrote:

hi, first off i know nothing about gardens, i live in a rented house
and pay the land lady to do the garden etc, i am moving out so now have
to fix the grass, basically teh problem i have is that my male dog has
weed on the grass and it is starting to go bare, how do i fix this
and also he dug a hoel that was filled with compost how do i get grass
to grow here, is it hyst a case of putting seeds down and lawn and
feed?

Remove the dead grass.

Don't feed it.

Put lawn seed down.

Keep it moist.

Give it some time.

Steven
--
You're a great friend, but if the zombies chase us I'm tripping you.

www.baldman.org.uk
Old 20-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered User

Hi there. The grass in dying due to the high levels of Nitrogen is causing it to die. As we know Nitrogen promotes growth but is such a high concentrate it will kill growth. Usualy you will see green lush areas around the "burnt" patches.

You can get more urine resistent grass or you can try watering your grass more to dilute the toxic levels of Nitrogen.

Thanks Colin S

www.hydropincshop.eu