Old 22-12-2010, 05:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT Environment credit cards

On 12/22/2010 9:56 AM, Dan L wrote:
wrote:
On 12/21/2010 10:17 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Lemme guess... Billy Goat has never been gainfully employed, has never
contributed one iota to society, is a total loser... I know this from
its verbosity... all show, no go.

No, I believe he's an employed chemist. Please don't hold his attitude
against us retired chemists

Actually spending years in academia getting degrees, makes most chemists
quite liberal. I was one until I started working in the real world but
with most it is a matter of faith.

I have a degree in computer science, retired and extremely liberal. Those
that have science degrees tend to be liberal. Those that have university
degrees generally are liberal. Smart people tend to have university
degrees. Therefore smart people are liberal

I disagree with your syllogism. Liberals are attracted to academia and
students exposed to them tend to have it rub off no matter what their
studies are. Sure, you have to have smarts to get degrees but not all
degreed people are liberal.
Old 22-12-2010, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT Environment credit cards (Dan)

Nice of you to respond to me. So this means I am not one of the rude?

I just find it humous that one little phrase "Wow, you have credit cards".
Opened a hornets nest.

Merry Chistmas from an Atheist.

Old 22-12-2010, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
[...]

True, not all degreed people are liberal, like most judges. But most
degreed people are.

Old 22-12-2010, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:56:24 +0000 (UTC), Dan L
wrote:

Frank wrote:
On 12/21/2010 10:17 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Lemme guess... Billy Goat has never been gainfully employed, has never
contributed one iota to society, is a total loser... I know this from
its verbosity... all show, no go.

No, I believe he's an employed chemist. Please don't hold his attitude
against us retired chemists

Actually spending years in academia getting degrees, makes most chemists
quite liberal. I was one until I started working in the real world but
with most it is a matter of faith.

I have a degree in computer science,

From which mail order course?

retired and extremely liberal. Those
that have science degrees tend to be liberal. Those that have university
degrees generally are liberal. Smart people tend to have university
degrees. Therefore smart people are liberal

Were you college degreed you'd know to submit varifiable references,
but instead all you have to back up your ridiculous assertations is
your mealy mouth. With how you express yourself only you think you're
smart, and self praise is no recommendation.
Old 22-12-2010, 10:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

EVP MAN wrote:
I don't even have a high school diploma but I think I do have a bit of
common sense. I try to treat others the way I would want to be
treated. There is just no excuse at all for being rude to other
people! I either ignore this type of person or avoid them when
possible. Both solutions are very easy in a discuss group. I just
don't respond to their posts as they seem to feed off of any response
OR once I know who they are, I just don't even bother reading any of
their posts.

I know, I know, but there are times when you have stepped over enough dog
turds that you feel the need to hose the footpath, that is to say to the
lurkers that this is not the standard of the group. Of course nobody
appointed me the chief hoser. Should I have wrong though objectors should
add their voice to Brooklyn's and show it is the standard of the group.

Wishing you all a Happy and Safe holiday season

Rich

And to you too.

David

Old 23-12-2010, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Frank wrote:
On 12/21/2010 10:17 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Lemme guess... Billy Goat has never been gainfully employed, has never
contributed one iota to society, is a total loser... I know this from
its verbosity... all show, no go.

No, I believe he's an employed chemist. Please don't hold his attitude
against us retired chemists

Actually spending years in academia getting degrees, makes most chemists
quite liberal. I was one until I started working in the real world but
with most it is a matter of faith.

I have a degree in computer science,

From which mail order course?

retired and extremely liberal. Those
that have science degrees tend to be liberal. Those that have university
degrees generally are liberal. Smart people tend to have university
degrees. Therefore smart people are liberal

Were you college degreed you'd know to submit varifiable references,
but instead all you have to back up your ridiculous assertations is
your mealy mouth. With how you express yourself only you think you're
smart, and self praise is no recommendation.

LOL! That's great! I can learn from the master of insults! Move over Billy.
So I can use them on others. Excellent insults I am impressed without the
use of profanity... Excellent job Brooklyn!

Old 23-12-2010, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 12/22/2010 7:34 PM, Dan L wrote:
Brooklyn1Gravesend1 wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:56:24 +0000 (UTC), Dan L

On 12/21/2010 10:17 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Lemme guess... Billy Goat has never been gainfully employed, has never
contributed one iota to society, is a total loser... I know this from
its verbosity... all show, no go.

No, I believe he's an employed chemist. Please don't hold his attitude
against us retired chemists

Actually spending years in academia getting degrees, makes most chemists
quite liberal. I was one until I started working in the real world but
with most it is a matter of faith.

I have a degree in computer science,

From which mail order course?

retired and extremely liberal. Those
that have science degrees tend to be liberal. Those that have university
degrees generally are liberal. Smart people tend to have university
degrees. Therefore smart people are liberal

Were you college degreed you'd know to submit varifiable references,
but instead all you have to back up your ridiculous assertations is
your mealy mouth. With how you express yourself only you think you're
smart, and self praise is no recommendation.

LOL! That's great! I can learn from the master of insults! Move over Billy.
So I can use them on others. Excellent insults I am impressed without the
use of profanity... Excellent job Brooklyn!

OTOH you could post links to your credentials. I've been through this
before myself.