Old 21-01-2011, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leaves, beneficial or not?

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Jan 19, 3:51 pm, pascale
wrote:
Leaves cannot harm your vegetables in any way though it is very
important about what kind of leaves you are talking about. Walnut,
for example is toxic both to the soil and plants. I have a mature
walnut tree nearby my garden and I'm seriously considering about
relocating the garden because nothings seems to grow anymore near
the walnut tree.

--
pascale

I think you got the wrong thread )

Chris

Where is the dissonance?

The original subject was "Leaves, beneficial or not?", and the first
question was:
"I have been scraping up all the leaves in the garden (very large
garden, unbelievable amount of leaves!!) Was wondering if having
dumped a load of them on the veg patch for mixing in with horse
manure when they are rotted down whether this will be beneficial or
detrimental to the health (growth) of veggies next year??"

Did I miss something?

On my reader this is coming up attached to the thread on grow lamps.

David

Oh, goody, we can blame Bill Gates, et al. After all the grief that
people have gotten from Outlook Express, I'm amazed that it is still
in use.

How do you conclude that OE is responsible? Chris appears to see what I see
but he uses Agent.

David

Old 21-01-2011, 06:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Jan 19, 3:51 pm, pascale
wrote:
[...]

Just using random data to form a generalized conclusion ;O)

Sorry to hear about your fruit. In my own gardening, I find that
something is always down, but then there is usually something that is
really performing. Last year, our tomatoes came up quickly, but they
were a little slow to produce. On the other hand the peppers came on
slow, and produced above my expectations (mostly Yellow Wax, the
Quadrato d'Asit was a dud, though, with a small crop with thin skins).

As far as my remark about OE, well, to be fair OE used to be a favorite
target for viruses. It's been known as a weak link, that may be unfair
today, but historically . . . well, you get the drift.

Hmmm . . . Same platform, and different software give the same result.
Humph. Oh, well, to heck it. Stuff happens. I'm sure Admiral Poindexter
had nothing to do with it. No way, Jose. I mean he could, if he wanted
to, but, naaaaa, they wouldn't do that.

Ever see that movie, "The Lives of Others"? It's a great movie.

G'day
--
- Billy
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²

[IMG] code is On

Pruning rose bushes Patsy Gardening 5 16-03-2004 11:42 PM
Pruning rose bushes Patsy Gardening 0 16-03-2004 12:34 AM
Pruning rose bushes Patsy Gardening 0 16-03-2004 12:12 AM
Help please on pruning old rose bushes Judy Donovan United Kingdom 9 10-08-2003 01:03 AM
pruning holly bushes Cat United Kingdom 2 16-06-2003 11:32 PM