Old 20-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered User

Question clay soil shrubs

to be more specific shrubs up to 2m with ayr interest for a sunny border ,i expected to find my answer somewhere on this forum but my search was fruitless unless i have been looking in the wrong place, or perhaps the choice is rather limited, can someone help pls, i'm not looking for a long list just perhaps half a dozen for starters
Old 21-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard hunt View Post
to be more specific shrubs up to 2m with ayr interest for a sunny border ,i expected to find my answer somewhere on this forum but my search was fruitless unless i have been looking in the wrong place, or perhaps the choice is rather limited, can someone help pls, i'm not looking for a long list just perhaps half a dozen for starters
Hi Bernard and welcome. Please can you give us a bit more info about where you are and if you know wether or not your clay is acid or alkaline ?? If you dont know the latter, maybe you could tell us if there are any Rhododendrons, Camellias or Azaleas growing locally or if you have hydrangeas. what colour the flowers are ?
Lannerman.
Old 21-02-2011, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default clay soil shrubs

In article ,
bernard hunt wrote:

to be more specific shrubs up to 2m with ayr interest for a sunny border
,i expected to find my answer somewhere on this forum but my search was
fruitless unless i have been looking in the wrong place, or perhaps the
choice is rather limited, can someone help pls, i'm not looking for a
long list just perhaps half a dozen for starters

Why not expand your list by amending your soil?
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vN0--mHug

[IMG] code is On

Shrubs for heavy clay Shooks Gardening 0 09-04-2013 11:27 AM
plant pot soil add sand to the clay soil ? ghbt United Kingdom 6 21-03-2005 07:12 AM
Planting New Shrubs - How to Prepare Soil? Billy Gardening 7 05-08-2003 04:12 AM
Clay Clay and More Clay BTInternet News United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 09:32 PM
Recs for shrubs? shaded, clay soil... Jaffacake United Kingdom 2 28-11-2002 12:21 AM