Old 24-03-2011, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default weather changed, good thing i didn't plant the peas

forecast some evening for 5F with
-2F windchill and some other evenings
of low teenies. hmmm...

i just went out yesterday morning
and took a picture of a flower spike
of a early iris coming up. i don't
think it's going to get through the
snow and ice layer any time soon.
bugger heavy too! shoveling in
stages to give the back a rest.

i had a bunch of crocuses out and
plenty coming up and many early
species tulips had curled up their
first leaves and flattened them on
the ground. very pretty red colors
in the leaves. can't wait to
actually see them flower. patience
grasshopper...

brr!

and

grr!

i was ready to get out and do some
weeding and planting. ah well, more
time to practice guitar and catch up
on my indoor TODO list.

songbird (pouring heavy water on me
Old 24-03-2011, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
songbird wrote:

[...]

Sometimes all you can do is counter punch, and wait for an opening.
--

If I had but two loaves of bread, I would sell one, and buy hyacinthus,
for they would feed my soul.

===
--**The Koran

===
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
Old 24-03-2011, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
Sometimes all you can do is counter punch, and wait for an opening.

it's bright out there now with the sun
shining on the snow. earlier i took
pictures of some sparkles and shadows.

an icicle that i'd knocked off the
corner of the roof landed upright upside
down in the snow. i just whacked it
with the shovel and didn't pay any
attention to where it landed. when i
was coming in from shoveling i noticed
it and grabbed the camera again.

songbird
Old 24-03-2011, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

songbird wrote:
Billy wrote:
Sometimes all you can do is counter punch, and wait for an opening.

it's bright out there now with the sun
shining on the snow. earlier i took
pictures of some sparkles and shadows.

an icicle that i'd knocked off the
corner of the roof landed upright upside
down in the snow. i just whacked it
with the shovel and didn't pay any
attention to where it landed. when i
was coming in from shoveling i noticed
it and grabbed the camera again.

songbird

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

Old 28-03-2011, 06:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

songbird wrote:
Billy wrote:
Sometimes all you can do is counter punch, and wait for an opening.

it's bright out there now with the sun
shining on the snow. earlier i took
pictures of some sparkles and shadows.

an icicle that i'd knocked off the
corner of the roof landed upright upside
down in the snow. i just whacked it
with the shovel and didn't pay any
attention to where it landed. when i
was coming in from shoveling i noticed
it and grabbed the camera again.

songbird

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

You're approaching haiku, you know?
--
---------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI

Old 28-03-2011, 09:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

You're approaching haiku, you know?

I am a poet and did not know it.

Or A few of my mantras.

Lifes sucks, Always has Always will.

It takes an hour, to shit shave and shower.

Old 28-03-2011, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:49:47 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

You're approaching haiku, you know?

I am a poet and did not know it.

Or A few of my mantras.

Lifes sucks, Always has Always will.

It takes an hour, to shit shave and shower.

Were you in the US military you'd know as well as you know your own
name that it's "shit, shower, and shave".
Old 28-03-2011, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:49:47 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

You're approaching haiku, you know?

I am a poet and did not know it.

Or A few of my mantras.

Lifes sucks, Always has Always will.

It takes an hour, to shit shave and shower.

Were you in the US military you'd know as well as you know your own
name that it's "shit, shower, and shave".

I never served in the military. I was between wars and the draft ended in
the mid seventies. And thought I had original mantra . The military has
to have it wrong, it does not rhyme. Hour with Shower. It takes an
hour... to shit shave and shower.

It has to rhyme

Old 28-03-2011, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:19:02 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
wrote:

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:49:47 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

You're approaching haiku, you know?

I am a poet and did not know it.

Or A few of my mantras.

Lifes sucks, Always has Always will.

It takes an hour, to shit shave and shower.

Were you in the US military you'd know as well as you know your own
name that it's "shit, shower, and shave".

I never served in the military. I was between wars and the draft ended in
the mid seventies. And thought I had original mantra . The military has
to have it wrong, it does not rhyme. Hour with Shower. It takes an
hour... to shit shave and shower.

It has to rhyme

In the US military there is no hour... you're lucky to get ten minutes
to shit, shower, shave, dress, and make muster... there's no time for
any poetry. lol

So, anyone unwrapping their fig trees yet?
http://www.i-italy.org/4533/backyard-figs-brooklyn
Old 28-03-2011, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Billy wrote:

-----

I am a poet and did not know it.

Or A few of my mantras.

Lifes sucks, Always has Always will.

It takes an hour, to shit shave and shower.

Don't give up your day job ;O)

If you like weekends (8 hr./day & 40 hr./week), thank a labor union.

Bush's 3rd term: OBAMA

==
--
---------

Old 28-03-2011, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
songbird wrote:

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

You're approaching haiku, you know?

-----

I am a poet and did not know it.

Or A few of my mantras.

Lifes sucks, Always has Always will.

It takes an hour, to shit shave and shower.

Don't give up your day job ;O)

I did, I am retired now, going on six months... Yea!

If you like weekends (8 hr./day & 40 hr./week), thank a labor union.

I had to work weekends, I was non union

Bush's 3rd term: OBAMA

I agree

Old 16-04-2011, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ala Ala is offline

"songbird" wrote in message
forecast some evening for 5F with
-2F windchill and some other evenings
of low teenies. hmmm...

i just went out yesterday morning
and took a picture of a flower spike
of a early iris coming up. i don't
think it's going to get through the
snow and ice layer any time soon.
bugger heavy too! shoveling in
stages to give the back a rest.

Wow except for the tornados, it's been really hot here

Old 17-04-2011, 12:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

Ala wrote:
songbird wrote:

forecast some evening for 5F with
-2F windchill and some other evenings
of low teenies. hmmm...

i just went out yesterday morning
and took a picture of a flower spike
of a early iris coming up. i don't
think it's going to get through the
snow and ice layer any time soon.
bugger heavy too! shoveling in
stages to give the back a rest.

Wow except for the tornados, it's been really hot here

that original post (to this thread)
was made Mar 23, 2011... the snow
has melted, the flower has bloomed and
is almost gone (see apr 1 pic thread
for links to pics).

since then it has been as high as 82F.
i've been able to get out and do some
weeding (and test out the new garden
pillow (works great)). a few dollars
in cloth and a few minutes of time spent
sewing the cloth on old pillows.
the last few years i've been using an
old seat cushion (that had a board on
the bottom and an inch of foam). i