Old 10-04-2011, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tiered strawberries

I am thinking of putting a pyramid in my yard to grow strawberries. I
would like a 1meter x 1meter box to form the base, and decrease it by
about .4 meters with each tier. I know I will need a variety of
strawberry that does well in containers. I plan on killing off any
runners that escape the pyramid. Does anyone have any experience with
this sort of thing? Any advice is appreciated!

Chris

Rockaway NY, Zone 7a
Old 11-04-2011, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Chris wrote:
I am thinking of putting a pyramid in my yard to grow strawberries. I
would like a 1meter x 1meter box to form the base, and decrease it by
about .4 meters with each tier. I know I will need a variety of
strawberry that does well in containers. I plan on killing off any
runners that escape the pyramid. Does anyone have any experience with
this sort of thing? Any advice is appreciated!

Chris

Rockaway NY, Zone 7a

I wonder if there are varieties of strawbs that do better or worse in
containers, they tend to fill whatever space is available in my experience.
Can anybody say for sure?

At your latitude even in summer the north side will get less sun than the
south and so may not be as productive but it should still look nice.

David.

[IMG] code is On

Moving Strawberries Lilac Edible Gardening 1 03-06-2003 05:44 PM
strawberries? H United Kingdom 6 21-02-2003 08:33 PM
Question about strawberries! Claude Gardening 5 06-02-2003 12:48 PM
Indian Strawberries again JLee United Kingdom 3 21-11-2002 02:33 PM
Strawberries? Dwayne United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 02:27 PM