Old 02-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Frogleg

Default bamboo

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:05:07 GMT, "Snooze"
wrote:

You will come to regret the day you planted bamboo. Bamboo comes in two
varieties. Clumping, and running. Clumping tends to just make a dense area
of bamboo near where you planted it. Running on the otherhand will spread
everywhere.

You can't kill it either. The previous owners had it in the back yard, I've
been trying to remove it for a year now, I've tried round-up, uprooting it,
but there are thousands of root fragments that have spread across the yard.

Decide where you want your bamboo forest to be, then dig a trench at least 8
inches deep around the forest and fill it with concrete. Make sure the
concrete rises at least 2 inches above the surface of the soil.

Bamboo, kudzu and vinca are all my list of plants that should only be
planted in the yards of your mortal enemies.

Idly wondering if bamboo would choke out Vinca. I'd be willing to give
it a shot. :-) At least bamboo can be used for crafts and whatnot.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Beecrofter

I have vinca growing under some Phyllostachys decora and around the
edges of one of the ground cover Plieoblastus bamboos.
Eventually I think it will shade them out.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Caren

HI HI- wrote:

wow didnt know they were this serious. i just wanted a wall of them in my back along the border line. hmmmm
another thing i realise is that its imposible to find these for sale anywhere.

We had had much the same thought and were going to use bamboo as a screen. After investigating it, though, we decided to go with one of the taller ornamental grasses. I think it gives much the same effect with a lot less trouble.

--
Caren

[IMG] code is On

What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 11:17 AM
Lucky bamboo at Hong Kong market Hope Munro Smith Texas 15 27-05-2003 08:20 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 23 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 5 27-03-2003 09:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM