Old 27-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered User

Default weed identification help

I cannot find this plant on any weed ID websites. It grew into quite a large bush in several parts of my garden before I dug it up and the leaves keep returning. it is quite deep rooted.

Can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
weed identification help-weed.jpg
Old 27-10-2011, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

jokule81 wrote:
I cannot find this plant on any weed ID websites. It grew into quite a
large bush in several parts of my garden before I dug it up and the
leaves keep returning. it is quite deep rooted.

Can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks in advance

Filename: weed.jpg |
Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14477|

Any chance of a photograph without the abstract effects? Some more of the
structure and flowers (if any) would help too.

Old 27-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokule81 View Post
I cannot find this plant on any weed ID websites. It grew into quite a large bush in several parts of my garden before I dug it up and the leaves keep returning. it is quite deep rooted.

Can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks in advance
Hi Jokule, could we please have a better picture ? from what I can see, it looks like a Japanese anemone leaf but then you would have seen the flowers ???
The difficult thing here is, what you might call a weed, could be classed as desirable by others ?? Its all in the definition but as far as identification goes a clearer picture showing more of the plant would be helpful.
regards, Lannerman.
Old 27-10-2011, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

jokule81 wrote:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...chmentid=14477

Any chance of a photograph without the abstract effects? Some more of the
structure and flowers (if any) would help too.

And scale would help, too. Looks vaguely mint-ish, but those could be
huge leaves for all I know.

Priscilla
Old 28-10-2011, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

jokule81 said:

I cannot find this plant on any weed ID websites. It grew into quite a
large bush in several parts of my garden before I dug it up and the
leaves keep returning. it is quite deep rooted.

Can anyone help me identify it?

Those look like the leaves of some sort of bramble (Rubus). Since they
flower and fruit on one year old canes, and you've been cutting them
back, you haven't seen any fruit. Most often brambles are thorny,
but there are species (and cultivars) that are less well armed. They will
throw up suckers from any substantial bit of root left in the ground.

|Filename: weed.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php

attachmentid=14477|

Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 21-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User

sorry will try and get a better picture, its coming in from the neighbours garden and she has a massive plant of it against my fence, it doesnt flower it just grows more and more leaves, it comes through via roots
Old 23-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered User

hi all just took this today. not sure if weed after all as it has white flower on. its very invasive and a real pest.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
weed identification help-2012-08-23_18_16_21.jpg