Old 15-11-2011, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Venus Flytrap

I am going to get some Venus Flytraps for my 7 and 8 year old neighbor
boys for Christmas. Anything I should know and are there other plants
like that to grow with them?
MJ
Old 15-11-2011, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

mj schrieb:
I am going to get some Venus Flytraps for my 7 and 8 year old neighbor
boys for Christmas. Anything I should know and are there other plants
like that to grow with them?
MJ

i strongly advice against your course of action. venus flytraps are not
for little boys. you should purchase a peyote cactus instead. they will
have more fun with it anyway.
Old 15-11-2011, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Nov 15, 3:30*pm, Hunky Farrel wrote:
mj schrieb:

I am going to get some Venus Flytraps for my 7 and 8 year old neighbor
boys for Christmas. Anything I should know and are there other plants
like that to grow with them?
MJ

i strongly advice against your course of action. venus flytraps are not
for little boys. you should purchase a peyote cactus instead. they will
have more fun with it anyway.

Care to explain why?
Old 15-11-2011, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

mj schrieb:
On Nov 15, 3:30 pm, Hunky wrote:
mj schrieb:

I am going to get some Venus Flytraps for my 7 and 8 year old neighbor
boys for Christmas. Anything I should know and are there other plants
like that to grow with them?
MJ

i strongly advice against your course of action. venus flytraps are not
for little boys. you should purchase a peyote cactus instead. they will
have more fun with it anyway.

Care to explain why?

venus flytraps are gay plants. they are for girls. a peyote cactus is a
manly plant. it will help them in their daily struggles through adolescence.
Old 15-11-2011, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

mj wrote:

I am going to get some Venus Flytraps for my 7 and 8 year old neighbor
boys for Christmas. Anything I should know and are there other plants
like that to grow with them?

they should never be fertilized or
allowed to freeze or dry out.

as a kid i had ideas about growing
them for sale, had flowers and hand
pollinated them, harvested the seeds
and sprouted them.

40something little tykes, and then i
had to go away for a few weeks. i asked
my sister to watch over them and keep
them moist. i came home to small little
black strands of dried out baby venus
flytraps.

they are fun plants, need some warmth
and bright light to do well. plenty of
good reading material out there on how
to grow and care for them.

other companion plants would also be
bog/low nutrient plants. pitcher plants,
sundew, ...

songbird

Old 17-11-2011, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Hunky Farrel wrote:
mj schrieb:
On Nov 15, 3:30 pm, Hunky wrote:
mj schrieb:

I am going to get some Venus Flytraps for my 7 and 8 year old
neighbor boys for Christmas. Anything I should know and are there
other plants like that to grow with them?
MJ

i strongly advice against your course of action. venus flytraps are
not for little boys. you should purchase a peyote cactus instead.
they will have more fun with it anyway.

Care to explain why?

venus flytraps are gay plants. they are for girls. a peyote cactus is
a manly plant. it will help them in their daily struggles through
adolescence.

Struggles that you are yet to conquer it seems. If you cannot contribute
please don't waste time and bandwidth.

Old 18-11-2011, 07:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott schrieb:
Hunky Farrel wrote:
mj schrieb:
On Nov 15, 3:30 pm, Hunky wrote:
mj schrieb:

I am going to get some Venus Flytraps for my 7 and 8 year old
neighbor boys for Christmas. Anything I should know and are there
other plants like that to grow with them?
MJ

i strongly advice against your course of action. venus flytraps are
not for little boys. you should purchase a peyote cactus instead.
they will have more fun with it anyway.

Care to explain why?

venus flytraps are gay plants. they are for girls. a peyote cactus is
a manly plant. it will help them in their daily struggles through
adolescence.

Struggles that you are yet to conquer it seems. If you cannot contribute
please don't waste time and bandwidth.

thanks to my peyote cacti i am fine with adolescence. you should get
one, too. it makes you mucho macho.

[IMG] code is On

venus flytrap tissue culture [email protected] Gardening 2 13-06-2006 03:00 AM
venus flytrap tissue culture [email protected] Plant Biology 0 12-06-2006 03:12 AM
How the Venus flytrap captures its prey... Aozotorp Plant Science 7 30-01-2005 11:58 PM
Venus Flytrap Help Jon B Gardening 5 25-04-2004 05:02 PM
Greenfly on Venus flytrap Black Shadow United Kingdom 6 29-01-2003 02:34 PM