Old 26-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Rojo2G

Default Troybilt tires and wheels

My Troybilt bar tires are cracked from the sun and flat. Has anyone been able
to put new tires on the heavy gauge metal(one piece) rims? Troybilt says it
can't be done and I need to buy tires on rims.
This was the best newsgroup I could find for an answer from creative farmers
and gardeners.
Thanks a lot,
Flat in Ca.
Old 26-02-2003, 06:27 AM
jc

"Rojo2G" wrote in message
My Troybilt bar tires are cracked from the sun and flat. Has anyone

been able
to put new tires on the heavy gauge metal(one piece) rims? Troybilt

says it
can't be done and I need to buy tires on rims.

Not sure what you mean by "bar" tires. Did you mean "bare". I put inner
tubes in my 8HP Troybilt tubeless tires. Used 8" tubes bought a a
Goodyear tire store. It's a bit tough to get the bead over the rim but
not impossible. -Olin

Old 26-02-2003, 12:39 PM
James Mayer

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:25:07 GMT, "jc" wrote:

"Rojo2G" wrote in message
My Troybilt bar tires are cracked from the sun and flat. Has anyone

been able
to put new tires on the heavy gauge metal(one piece) rims? Troybilt

says it
can't be done and I need to buy tires on rims.

Not sure what you mean by "bar" tires. Did you mean "bare". I put inner
tubes in my 8HP Troybilt tubeless tires. Used 8" tubes bought a a
Goodyear tire store. It's a bit tough to get the bead over the rim but
not impossible. -Olin

I replaced mine also not long ago. They are nothing more than
4.80 X 8 bar tread tires that can be had from some lawn equipment
retailers. They may have to order them in but they are available. It
wasn't that hard to do. I also installed tubes in mine at the same
time.

Old 26-02-2003, 01:03 PM
bryan lafleur

Not sure what you mean by "bar" tires. I put inner
tubes in my 8HP Troybilt tubeless tires. Used 8" tubes bought a a
Goodyear tire store. It's a bit tough to get the bead over the rim but
not impossible. -Olin

Same here, I dont know what you mean by bar tire, but I replaced the
tires on my old 8hp horse and put tubes in them. I dont remember it
being especially hard.

Bryan
Old 26-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Dwight Sipler

jc wrote:

...Not sure what you mean by "bar" tires. Did you mean "bare"...

Bar tires have the agricultural style tread that look like large bars
angled in alternate directions. The other style is "turf" tires that
have a smaller tread that won't scuff lawns so much.
Old 26-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Rojo2G

Bar tires have the agricultural style tread that look like large bars
angled in alternate directions.

Its what I meant. Thank you everyone. I will try to install new tires and put
tubes in them also.
My hunch has always been that troybilt is definitly in biz for the $$$'s. My
tiller is great and I've encouraged at least three others to buy one.

[IMG] code is On

TroyBilt 47282 chippr/vac: need manual mitcheroo Lawns 17 25-03-2019 06:14 PM
for troybilt owners who fix their own equipment RB Lawns 5 09-04-2012 07:14 AM
Lowes - Troybilt Dave Lawns 17 07-10-2007 02:54 PM
Tel # for TroyBilt rcoates777 Gardening 2 06-05-2003 10:44 PM
Troybilt tiller for sale, West Cary Betty Highfill North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:34 PM