Old 21-04-2012, 05:00 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Default Guess Who I Saw Today

A regular bee. Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.
Old 21-04-2012, 06:30 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Apr 21, 9:00*am, Way Back Jack wrote:
A regular bee. *Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. *This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. *Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. *Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. *Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.

Yes, it is "another story". A story told by the unbridled,
insufficiently regulated GREED of agribusiness which slams massive
amounts of dangerous chemicals into the exhausted soil, pleading for
relief (OK, a little melodramatic, but only a little!) so as to put on
our tables food that has traveled up to 3000 miles to reach us. Food
containing just a soupcon of arsenic, lead, and a whole bunch of other
yummies. While the bought&sold whores in Congress take their payoffs
to avoid regulating and/or enforcing existing laws. And the FDA makes
feeble noises about doing its job (see above whores).

HB
Old 21-04-2012, 07:51 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On 4/21/12 9:00 AM, Way Back Jack wrote:
A regular bee. Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.

I see honey bees, bumble bees, and wood bees all the time. (The latter
are the size of bumble bees but all black. They are solitary bees -- no
hive -- that tunnel into dead branch stubs on trees and into the ends of
house beams to lay eggs in packets of pollen and nectar.)

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 21-04-2012, 10:14 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Apr 21, 2:51*pm, "David E. Ross" wrote:
[...]

The only "honey" bees I hear about today are the Africanized version.
You also use the term "wood" bees. I assume that you're referring to
carpenter bees which drill holes into my outdoor wood beams to set up
their nests, consisting of mama, papa, and offspring. A little shot
of Drione dust into the hole they drill takes care of them.
Old 23-04-2012, 09:55 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

In article
"David E. Ross" writes:

I see honey bees, bumble bees, and wood bees all the time.

Here (Dayton, Ohio), I didn't see a single honey bee two years
ago. It had me worried. I was happy to see some last year, though
not as many as in earlier times.

I'm hoping the local population continues to recover.

The bumble bees and mason bees seem to be about constant.

--
Drew Lawson Some men's dreams
for others turn to nightmares.

Old 22-04-2012, 01:53 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Way Back Jack wrote:
A regular bee. Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.

how about i send you a hive of bees from here, they only sting if you
get close, 10ft, and if your not allergic you won't even have to worry
about dieing! these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUUziEgy1s they are
not scarce at all nor are the tame variety either!
Old 26-04-2012, 11:30 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:53:13 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
A regular bee. Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.

how about i send you a hive of bees from here, they only sting if you
get close, 10ft, and if your not allergic you won't even have to worry
about dieing! these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUUziEgy1s they are
not scarce at all nor are the tame variety either!

How bout eating a pound of shit.

If there are bees that sting when you merely get within 10 ft., they are
Africanized honey bees. Those vicious *******s are not in this neck of the
woods ..... yet.

I'm talking about the European honey bee which has gotten scarce due to
biological and/or chemical agents. Don't you get any news on the rez?

Hell, I'm old enough to remember when Euro bees were all over the flowers
and clover grasses, even plantain. And this was in an urban jungle where
if you were lucky enough to have a lawn, it was the size of a postage
stamp.
Old 27-04-2012, 02:03 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

we have never had a shortage of any kind of bee around here at all and
there are plenty of euro bees for sure, now how do you think they made
africanized honey bees? yeah using an euro bee, there is a rez down
here??? wow thats news, would rather hear about that than bees. i live
in a urban jungle my yard is the size of a postage stamp i think, and
bugs are plentiful including wandering spiders which can kill you. so
much for living in a city.
Old 27-04-2012, 02:44 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

Nobody said that Euro bees were totally eliminated, just that their numbers
have been decimated nationally. I mean even some Armenians survivied their
own genocide.

Duh.