Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Is There An Easy Way To Plant Seeds Quickly Without The Digging Or Tilling?

Yes, there is! There are seeds on the market today that allow you to
plant a garden without digging or tilling! A new breed of seed known
as Drop & Grow SeedBallz™ are made of fertilizer, clay and are loaded
with a variety of seeds. You simply drop the seedballz on the soil,
water and watch them grow into clusters of beautiful flowers! We
wanted to know just how true this is so we purchased a variety of
packs. We were so happy with the results that we are now a
distributor. These seeds not only worked but germinated more flowers
than any other seeds on the market! Drop & Grow SeedBallz are hand
made by People with disabilities and they are guaranteed to work or
they will be replaced free! I just wish this was around when my Mother
was gardening! Want more info.? Check them out at:
http://www.touchofseasons.com/catalo...age=seed_plant
Old 06-05-2012, 10:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Yes, there is! It's called insemination!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

On May 6, 2:29*pm, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
PDT wrote:

Yes, there is! *It's called insemination!

Memory Lane: Anybody remember Ruth (last name) from (olde tyme garden
mag) -- talk about senior moments!!!! Her method of planting
tomatoes was to drop ripe tomatoes on the ground and step on them.

HB

Old 07-05-2012, 07:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

PDT wrote:

Yes, there is! *It's called insemination!

Memory Lane: *Anybody remember Ruth (last name) from (olde tyme garden
mag) -- talk about senior moments!!!! * Her method of planting
tomatoes was to drop ripe tomatoes on the ground *and step on them.

HB

I just remembered her last name: Ruth Stout. And I think the Olde
Tyme gardening mag might have been Organic Gardening? Anybody?

HB
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 6 May 2012 23:15:25 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

I just remembered her last name: Ruth Stout. And I think the Olde
Tyme gardening mag might have been Organic Gardening? Anybody?

She's one of the authors who advocated no-dig gardening. She wrote
several books on the topic.

As to the OP's spam post, it's terribly easy to make your own seed
clods. Can't imagine paying for ones made by someone else, even if
they're underpaid disabled people.

There links to a variety of "Seed bomb" designs and recipes at
http://www.guerrillagardening.org/ggseedbombs.html (no affiliation)

Or an instructable:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Seed-Bomb/

I rather suspect the spammer isn't selling seeds for heirloom
vegetables.