Old 12-07-2012, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Ground Cover in Flower Bed

Last year I planted this really nice small leaved ground cover that
flowers these really bright tiny flowers. I love it , don't get me
wrong but it only flower in the spring and it is choking out
everything else. No, I don't remember the name of it. The other thing
I have in there is mums and I keep them year to year and have them
bloom in the fall. There are two roses in each corner but they are not
a problem. Here's the question, can I cut this stuff back and re route
it around the mums? Can I dig up it in parts and re plant it in a
better location? Any ideas? Thanks

MJ
Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/12/12 11:37 AM, mj wrote:
Last year I planted this really nice small leaved ground cover that
flowers these really bright tiny flowers. I love it , don't get me
wrong but it only flower in the spring and it is choking out
everything else. No, I don't remember the name of it. The other thing
I have in there is mums and I keep them year to year and have them
bloom in the fall. There are two roses in each corner but they are not
a problem. Here's the question, can I cut this stuff back and re route
it around the mums? Can I dig up it in parts and re plant it in a
better location? Any ideas? Thanks

MJ

I have pink clover (Persicaria capitata) as a ground cover in my rose
bed, which also contains spring bulbs, daylilies, Camellia sansanqua,
penstemon, Cuphea, primroses, blue fescue (Festuca glauca), and dwarf
Chinese holly (Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana'). The Persicaria is quite
vigorous. I rip it out in handsful; and with my garden knife, I cut out
the base of individual Persicaria around many of the plants. Being a
true ground cover, it recovers.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see